1 2
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/5/21 3:47 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

If I get my S10 swapped, I may have a 700R4 that needs a home.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/21 4:55 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'm waiting on Eric to get with me.  I think he'll make a better fit per Tripp's wishes.  But I'm very interesed if it doesn't work out with them.

Stampie (FS)
1/5/21 5:01 p.m.

I think I worded that bad.  I didn't mean to imply Tripp didn't wish to sell to me.  I think Eric would be a better fit as a first time Challenger being that Tripp wanted it to be run in the Challenge.  I'd want it as a stupid fast street car but run it in the Challenge because that's what Tripp wanted.  I have my serious Challenge build.  This wouldn't be it.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/21 5:06 p.m.

I've loved this car since the first time I saw it...

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/5/21 7:39 p.m.

I already have the Zoomboni and am afraid I couldn't give this car the attention it deserves, but whenever someone says "I'm so jealous, how do you find such awesomeness?"

This.  This right here.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/5/21 8:49 p.m.

I don't know if there is a confirmed sale, and I don't know if I the JY will give me enough for a couple of cars I am scrapping to pull off the purchase, but I:

1) would absolutely run this in my first ever challenge.

2) guarantee first rights of refusal if ever moved on.

Don't know when I can workout the money part, but the want is high, and my mind is already running top speed with future plans for it!!!

Here's the update. I've been on the phone with Tripp twice, consulted with my teammate twice and ran it by my number one enabler, my wife. 

Stampie, I didn't see your post or email until a little while ago. Hope that you weren't intending to talk me out of this! wink

We're on. Planning to pick it up Sunday. 

Originally we were planning for the 2022 challenge, now we can move it up a year. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/5/21 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

That is some world class, grade A enabling.  Thank you for keeping the dream alive and welcome to the "ridiculous super mod" car club. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/5/21 11:10 p.m.

Im disappointed. My wife would not be. I'll chose not to tell her about it at all.

Congrats. I think that's one heck of a good deal. Looking fwd to your build, and I hope life allows 2021 to happen!

Stampie (FS)
1/6/21 5:49 a.m.

That's great.  I was going to offer to help you in anyway possible.  I'm working Sunday but if it's afternoon I might be able to help load.

Thanks Stampie, you're the best.  We may need help getting it on the trailer if it doesn't start. 

Stampie (FS)
1/6/21 6:27 a.m.

I just put together my portable winch.

tripp
tripp Reader
1/6/21 6:56 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Me too :) and I pulled it out of someone's back yard not running and a bit rusty

tripp
tripp Reader
1/6/21 6:58 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

It has a few bolt ons, some stickers, you know the basics :), ohh and chassis/drivetrain swap also

tripp
tripp Reader
1/6/21 6:59 a.m.

Another set of hands getting it on the trailer is always appreciated

tripp
tripp Reader
1/6/21 7:00 a.m.

The starter is in a different room from the car currently (took it out to shim never finished) so I was planning to roll it on by hand, it is light

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/21 9:55 a.m.

I'm excited to see this in person and race against it

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/11/21 7:58 a.m.

And it's the start of a new adventure. 
Thanks to Stampie and his ATV winch, loading it was easy. 

Stampie (FS)
1/11/21 8:00 a.m.

It was nice to see you again and meet Tripp in person. It is a cool car and came with bunches of spares. Let me know if you need any more help. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YjBIBMVCr36upPZ7I9LiXQUSommXKQdvYxNAaH1kdaIh3hpKGHPWM5zxzHf4RTtg