old68mga
old68mga New Reader
5/5/15 8:06 a.m.

Need to thin the flock. '69 VOLVO 142E SCCA Improved Touring race car, fully built, needs to be refreshed. MGBGT improved touring style race car with roll cage, needs body work. Older FORMULA FORD, complete with spares, runs great. Older FORMULA V, needs restoration. All located in New Jersey. For more info., call Ed at 973-248-5149.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/5/15 8:22 a.m.

In reply to old68mga:

More info on the MG please. Pics?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/15 8:29 a.m.

I'm interested in the Formula cars.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
5/5/15 8:58 a.m.

Just to make it a full wrap - Pics and Info on Volvo please.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
5/5/15 9:01 a.m.
NGTD wrote: Just to make it a full wrap - Pics and Info on Volvo please.

+1

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
5/5/15 1:49 p.m.

More on the FV please.

etmracing
etmracing New Reader
5/8/15 10:31 p.m.

Pm sent

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/15 7:58 a.m.

PM sent on 5/5. No response...

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
5/9/15 9:10 a.m.

Comes in, throws ad on site, never returns, expects people to call . . . . . . . .

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/9/15 9:53 a.m.

It's in the classified section. Phone the number.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/9/15 9:55 a.m.

Is technology so advanced that a phone number is viewed as deeply suspicious?

mrmustang
mrmustang New Reader
5/9/15 11:30 a.m.
bearmtnmartin wrote: Is technology so advanced that a phone number is viewed as deeply suspicious?

With the scammers of today, yes, it actually is.

However, in this case, posting minimal information and expecting everyone to chase after more of it, in this day and age, is not the smartest thing for the seller to do. It has been my experience that people want as much information as possible up front, before they decide if they are interested or not.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
5/9/15 11:49 a.m.

Eh, obviously older guy; not familiar with us. Someone suggested he post them here so he did; call the number.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/9/15 5:53 p.m.

Looks to me like some folks are not REALLY interested in considering a purchase, they just want to look at pictures and car pron on the internet.

If you care, call the guy.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/9/15 5:59 p.m.

OK, for you electronic junkies who don't seem to be able to do anything without a picture, here you go:

And here's some details:

Ed said: 1969 Volvo 142E ITB race car known as Matilda. Winning car prepared, built and developed by Phil Hunt with many BHP (Bob Griffith) parts such as Tilton sintered clutch, sway bars, shocks, etc. Fresh body work by Regional Champ Ed Picard makes it ready for your racing colors. Comes with log book, notes, and spares. Last raced by Ed in the Volvo Historic Series. Needs freshening, but it�s all there. $5500 or best offer. Call Ed at 973-248-5149.

And here's a link:

http://www.narrc.com/classifieds.html

I worked really hard to get that info for you. I Googled the phone number. First hit on Google.

Duh.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
5/9/15 6:23 p.m.
NGTD wrote: Comes in, throws ad on site, never returns, expects people to call . . . . . . . .

he's phone may well be a land line … maybe all he has .. there are still folk like that

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mx8rPvwvfA9g2yHQm5Gmop6m37sGvdPTOS9q9obLMUNDAvPQexXu9u0KZ0LcZKAI