DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
1/15/19 7:05 p.m.

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/d/kalamazoo-fiat-stradas-1-9/6779811281.html  

Throw a modern FWD drive train at it, add a 70s era rally livery, and lighten an already pretty light car.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/15/19 9:19 p.m.

With the exception of the tranaxle case here is the easy button for wheelsmithys X1/9. Final drive ratio is longer than X1/9, but all the pieces fit the X case. My X cruises really sweet by this swap!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 9:36 p.m.

Fiats. 

Sitting in the weather for years.

In Michigan. 

May be some welding involved. 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
1/16/19 7:06 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

May be some welding involved. 

I'm surprised that they still resemble Fiats , given that you used to be able to listen to a Fiat rusting.

I found these because I regularly search for Fiats  on Criagslist, and I found an engine/trans from a current Fiat 500. The base European Ritmo weighed about 1700lb and a current engine is 101 HP. Put the two together and add some more lightness and you would have a fun and different car. I tend to like oddball cars, I search for Renaults pretty regularly,too.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/16/19 1:45 p.m.

The way these are on the ground there cannot be any floor left at all. The Strada I got my gear set from 14 years ago was rusted through on the roof too!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/16/19 3:37 p.m.

You GOT me!

I am off to get a tetanus shot just cause I opened the link!

Pete

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H528hGASJytCMSh0FxXl3xcnEdr6UplzYST1NRzq2xTz8YVu9jT7LinYKhV6Oiuv