1 2 3 4
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/8/17 8:53 a.m.

Bumpity, as I haven't had the heart to send it to the crusher. Still available, still awesome! Guaranteed to make you more attractive to the opposite sex! (or same sex if that's your thing)

You'd have the only one on your block.......unless you live on a really strange block!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/19/17 12:25 a.m.

You are killing me with this thing. That and my wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting it.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/20/17 11:32 a.m.

Like Jason from Friday the 13th, Arnold from Terminator, or Michael Myers from Halloween------This thread is back!

Yes, I still have the Champ, yes it still runs, yes, the interior is still extremely clean, and yes, it has rust. I have no need or want for this little gem, but I also don't have the heart to send it to the crusher.

Make me an offer--- a case of beer, a decent pizza, a bottle of whiskey....whatever. I really want to get this out of my yard, but I also really want to see it go to a good home.

All and any offers accepted. Save the Champ!

Spinout007
6/20/17 2:17 p.m.

I can swing a case of beer and a pizza!

Edit: PM sent!

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
6/22/17 1:03 p.m.

If it helps, I have a Colt GTS turbo with all of the (unbroken) turbo bits. I also have an '87 G32BT in my project car outside if you are interested in making a fun car for little money....its a slide-in, BTW.

Spinout007
6/22/17 7:24 p.m.

Dude.. You're killing me. PM incoming.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/27/18 3:10 p.m.

Going to bump this. 

I picked this up from Joe last summer, and with recent developments in life like buying a house, new car payments, remodeling said house etc. (this adult thing sucks!) Putting time and money into this isn't the most responsible thing to do right now. I don't want to see it rot waiting on me.  I'll let it go for what I've got into it ~$45 for the handle of Jameson, and ~60 for the trailer rental. (105ish)  

Currently located in Zephyrhills, FL.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/27/18 3:14 p.m.

Are you sure this is not a Lotus? 

Mr. Lee
3/27/18 3:45 p.m.

Yeah, this thing actually runs. Just needs the tank cleaned out and repaired or replaced. I  just don't have the time to mess with it. I've had the timing belt/water pump for a miata sitting here since November, and I just haven't had the time to put it in.  And theoretically that shouldn't take more than an afternoon!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/18 6:27 p.m.

The lack of pix is killing this thread. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/18 8:19 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Yeah, this thing actually runs. Just needs the tank cleaned out and repaired or replaced. I  just don't have the time to mess with it. I've had the timing belt/water pump for a miata sitting here since November, and I just haven't had the time to put it in.  And theoretically that shouldn't take more than an afternoon!!!!

Send pics

Mr. Lee
3/27/18 10:20 p.m.

I'll get some up soon. Work is running me ragged. 

Mr. Lee
3/28/18 4:57 p.m.

Mr. Lee
3/28/18 4:58 p.m.

Mr. Lee
3/28/18 5:00 p.m.

rust on the hood is starting to get bad, you have to kind of support the hood when you lift it till you get it on the prop rod.  Also drivers rear wheel well is starting to rust a bit.

Mr. Lee
3/28/18 8:58 p.m.

And gone...

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
3/28/18 9:43 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

And gone...

Did Pat get it?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/18 9:59 p.m.

Nope.  

Mr. Lee
3/28/18 10:50 p.m.

I'm leaving it up to the member who got it to spout off. laugh I've not been informed of their plans with it yet, and if it's planned to be a super secret challenge contender then I'm not going to spill the beans.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/29/18 12:43 p.m.

Hmm cheap car in FL with Challenge potential. Wonder who could have gotten it. 

Stampie
3/30/18 10:17 a.m.
dean1484 said:

The lack of pix is killing this thread. 

And finally what everyone was waiting for ... in as found condition.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/18 10:51 a.m.

But what is going to happen to it?

Stampie
3/30/18 10:58 a.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
3/30/18 11:15 a.m.
Stampie said:

So.... You've named it George?

Stampie
3/30/18 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

I was thinking that when I found the video.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WoSmzTGVzemvwzxPr1lB77iXFq0iBWlhGdHkyV8a12mg446WrNsGgTsmYTUARDyX