Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
11/1/19 9:30 a.m.

I can't believe Jim is selling this after only about a year of having it finished. $60 large. I met him once about 6 or 7 years ago.

Take a wrecked Corvette, slit an MGB down the middle and widen 10 inches, blend, add meth & some other stuff and so on.

Link to the last part of his build blog on BritishV8 forum: Linky McLinkface

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
11/1/19 9:37 a.m.

Very cool ride..

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/1/19 9:38 a.m.

I only read the last page of the linked thread. Looks like a very clean build. I'd love to see that car in person.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
11/1/19 9:48 a.m.

When I saw it there was still E36 M3 slit down the middle but it had a really nice stance and the proportions were really well executed. He has good taste and I think the craftsmanship is strong on this one.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 10:12 a.m.

Reminds me of the newer/retro Thunderbird from about a decade ago. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 10:18 a.m.

It really works from the rear. I might have gone for a slightly more ornate variant of the grille aesthetically, but that's a personal choice. 17 years to build!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/1/19 10:51 a.m.

Crazy to spend 17 years building then just turn around and sell it! That would be tough for me.

the car is really good looking - I love the proportions and he did beautiful work with the widening. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
11/1/19 10:56 a.m.

Having met him previously, it isn't that uncommon to sell after build 

it took my 11 years to build my 67 numbers matching Cooper S. I "enjoyed it" for 24 months and drove 350 miles 

then someone gave me a ridiculous offer, and I took it. Wife couldn't believe I would sell 

for many of us the chase of finding the car or the fun in building IS the fun. Time to move when project is done 

not speaking for others - just myself 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 11:01 a.m.

We all love different parts of the build. For me, I think it's the sorting process. Taking a raw car and refining it, making it work. After that, all you do is drive :)

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
12/9/19 5:54 p.m.

Yesterday on britishv8 he posted that he's changed his mind and will keep it for now.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
12/9/19 6:01 p.m.

I think some 3 piece panasport c8's would really round out the Brittish look.

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
12/10/19 10:55 a.m.

Reminds me of when Porsche took two Golfs, offset cut them front to back, welded them together and stuffed the drivetrain from a 928 into it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ECL8SnPPFRurGPMEM4pOU4RSQywu1Fc4Xp2OaEefymKcRQEkIl7QIc9i30l3pYY4