Ericm55364
Ericm55364 New Reader
1/25/21 4:29 a.m.

Swift Copper Formula Ford Chassis / Kawasaki Zx1200R Project.

This project started with Swift Copper Sc94r chassis. The chassis was modified to hold a 2000 Kawasaki ZX1200 engine out of dirt track car. The rear end of the car is using a torsion differential out of Camaro. The car comes with an extra set of rain rear rain tires. The car was being build for Autocross B/M or A/M.

Currently the engine is in the car the chassis is complete the rear end and drive components are complete. The only thing really left to do is get the electric system and fuel system modified for the race car.

If someone has good electrical knowledge, they could have the car running and driving very quickly

The car is located in Anna, Ohio

Price Drop $6000

419-553-6403

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
1/25/21 5:04 a.m.

Do you have a price in mind?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 10:32 a.m.

Oh man, I like that. What's the asking price?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 11:20 a.m.

3rd in for price

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
1/25/21 2:08 p.m.

Also in for price, but more importantly, would my 6'2" 330# frame have any hope of fitting?

Kubotai
Kubotai New Reader
1/25/21 2:59 p.m.

He has the same ad posted on the ApexSpeed site.  He's asking $6500 obo in the ad over there.  I think the car is actually based on a Swift Cooper (vs. Copper) although he has spelled it as Copper in both ads.  The Swift Cooper SC94R is (I think) a typical Formula Continental (aka Formula Ford 2000) ca. 1994.  Most FCs from the mid-1980's on have very tight cockpits. 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/25/21 9:55 p.m.

My old car!

I sold the rolling chassis to Eric and his partners at the time. It's a EuroSwift Formula Renault chassis(similar to a EuroSwift Formula Continental) so I'm not sure where the Copper/Cooper came from?

Here is the engine info from when I sold the car to Eric: . I purchased a Kawasaki ZX-12(bored to 1280cc's) with ALOT of headwork, Carillo rods, special grind cams....I was told that the motor was an absolute BEAST and outlawed at this home track... It hasn't been dyno'd but I've been told it puts out 200+hp...The motor came from a circle track Dwarf car and when the local tracks went to a 1000cc rule, he could no longer run the motor... The motor has 12-15 races on it... The kit includes the engine with a cut oil pan, Hawk adapter, wiring harness, ECU, DYNA ignition, Power Commander, throttle bodies and header.

Eric and his crew redesigned the back of the car and did the motorcycle motor transplant as well as designed/fabricated the chain drive and suspension. We had been talking about the car a month or so ago as I was trying to find the $$$ to buy it back. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to buy it unless someone wants a Corvette Kart project! I can tell you that at the asking price, he's losing money just on the parts he purchased not including the work they did on building the whole back of the car(engine cradle, diff, suspension arms, etc...). 

There aren't many bike powered formula cars that come up for sale and NEVER are they priced like this. Someone is going to get one hell of a deal on what could be a very, very fast Hillclimb, trackday or auto-x car.

Ericm55364
Ericm55364 New Reader
1/26/21 3:59 a.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

What lotus seven said is correct. Thanks for the additonal information. The book I have showed Swift Cooper on the first page. However Lotus seven would know better than I do what the chassis actually is. The price is $6500 obo. The cockpit has been widen because the ZX-12 motor is wider than the original engine. The top bars are 18" apart and the middle bar is 20" apart. The chassis is made for someone 6"+. . My buddy was 6'2 and 240 and he fit in it. 

Ericm55364
Ericm55364 New Reader
1/26/21 4:00 a.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

$6500

wickedroach2000
wickedroach2000
12/9/21 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Ericm55364 :

Can you send me a private msg?

I know you no longer have the car but I have some questions about this car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cBkMiyYMWuN9CmHxCoPFVcoRTg2JDw2zpIXtHfM4VADFkpReSObJBcKsGncud06W