1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

You are welcome to lowball the seller. I take no offense. 

I will say no.  No offense. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 11:43 a.m.

Here's another idea...

What if 2 buyers were to show up- 1 for each car?  That would meet my need to move both cars. The Europa would obviously be free. 

I really don't see why this has to be viewed as a $900 purchase. It WILL take creativity. 

Creativity is not a euphemism for "shady challenge math". It's figuring out how to solve a problem. 

My problem is I need to move 2 cars. I am inviting you to help me solve that problem creatively. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 11:49 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Creative KISS solution, give the Europa to The Artist known as Builder #1 and call your local junkyard on the Avalon.  

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 11:51 a.m.

Yes, that is an option.  It's also an option anyone here could do. 

I like my option of trying to keep things in the family better. 

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/23/20 11:54 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

In that case, reverse Stampie's steps and junk the Avalon on your own. Allow the GRM Free Europa to continue being free here, on its own.

Stampie (FS)
9/23/20 11:55 a.m.

Wait, Builder #1 isn't a GRMer?  I was under the impression you had a GRMer wanting the Free Europa and they had dibs but you preferred to sell the Avalon with it.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 12:16 p.m.

That's correct. Builder #1 is a GRMer

Stampie (FS)
9/23/20 12:51 p.m.

And they meet your conditions in the first post?  Previous Challenger wanting it to build for the Challenge?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 12:59 p.m.
gumby (Forum Supporter) said:

In that case, reverse Stampie's steps and junk the Avalon on your own. Allow the GRM Free Europa to continue being free here, on its own.

With all due respect, why?

I've been offered $3K for the Europa as-is by a non GRMer- a Lotus guy.  My offer is a $3000 gift to my GRM brethren to try to keep it in the family. 

I personally contacted 7 different GRMers who I trusted to do a good job and offered it to them first. Free. Several of them are posting in this thread. No takers.

I have a GRMer Builder #1 who has already said he wants it. Free. 

Now, I have a crisis- I have to empty my storage. I need to get rid of 2 cars. I am trying to make it available to anyone who can help me with the problem I am facing. 

I think I have gone way above and beyond the call. Why should I do more than I already have?

Anyone here can do exactly that. All it takes is a phone call. If not, then I have already made a deal with GRMer Builder #1. Free. 

If I offer it to other people without strings, I will undermine the deal I have already made. That would be unfair to Builder #1. 

You would make a great builder for this car. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 1:00 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

And they meet your conditions in the first post?  Previous Challenger wanting it to build for the Challenge?

Yes. 

Why the negative vibe?  I offered it to you first. Free, no Avalon. You turned it down. 

Stampie (FS)
9/23/20 1:09 p.m.

Not negative at all.  Hell I'm gifting $1k in stuff I bought to the new owner of the Free Europa.  But I'm cool like that and want to be known as the Andy Neuman of the south.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 1:11 p.m.

I apologize. It sounded like you were grilling me on Builder #1, like I had unfairly given him a different deal than everyone else. 

Stampie (FS)
9/23/20 1:20 p.m.

Just because 2020, if something would happen and no one buys your combo and Builder #1 can't take it, I would be willing to take the GRM Free Europa and love it and hug it.

EDIT - You're close enough I think I could do it with a days notice.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/20 1:25 p.m.

How hard is it to find the E153 trans that supposedly works with the 2GR engine? I think this really needs a manual.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 1:26 p.m.

I doubt Builder #1 would back down. He's been after me for years.  I offered him the same deal I offered you. (Free Europa, no strings)

There's also 2 guys talking with me from this thread. And the Lotus guy who offered cash. Don't think the Europa is gonna need much Stampie love. But thanks. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

Just check the linked avalon thread!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 1:59 p.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

How hard is it to find the E153 trans that supposedly works with the 2GR engine? I think this really needs a manual.

I totally agree. It needs a manual. (Although I am not sure the 2GR is the right motor)

The e153 is a little tough to find, but they are out there. 

If you were the buyer, here's what I would suggest... bring the Avalon this year as a death cart. It's the easy button.  And it might be a top 5 finisher. Play with it a little and see if you like the 2GR. I suspect you will. Let the Europa sit for a little while and do some research to decide your path forward. Then put whatever engine you want in the Europa, and use the 2GR for just plain fun. 

You have the engineering talent and fabrication skills that I do not. 

Call me. I'd love to see you have this. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/23/20 4:40 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

It's a car I want to own, but don't have the capacity to build. 

I have the capacity, and the want. Even the motivation (the sticking point for moving all my projects out!) But, since I never even heard of the challenge till 10 months ago, I don’t fit his criteria. I imagine builder #1 will end up with it. I hope he makes it to the challenge with it. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 4:48 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

If you partnered with a previous Challenger, you'd be golden. 

Perhaps Pete. wink

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 4:49 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I can tell you, it doesn't look like it is gonna be Builder #1 right now. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 5:05 p.m.

Note to anyone interested who has not built a Challenge car...

I am talking to someone who fits this description. I might consider it.

Talk with me. I just wanna see it get built. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/23/20 5:06 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:
Woody said:

The fact that there is no windshield makes me think “Europa Roadster”...

I looked at it as a Lotus panel van , or shooting brake ......

or put windows in the side panels like a Shelby Mustang,,,,,,

I’ve always had s thing for 2 dr shooting brakes! I’ve never played with fiberglass, but that would be an easy mod

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/20 5:11 p.m.

Random question, where did the Europa originally come from?  Sitting in someone's yard for a decade and a GRMer said "oh boy!"? 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/23/20 5:12 p.m.

Hey guys...

I didn't say anything about finishing it for THIS YEAR'S Challenge!  Nobody can do that!

I could make it... it be slower than a yugo, and I don’t know enough about passing safety rules, but, it could roll to the starting line under its own power. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
9/23/20 5:46 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Random question, where did the Europa originally come from?  Sitting in someone's yard for a decade and a GRMer said "oh boy!"? 

It came from my backyard. One of my huskies was sleeping in the front trunk. There is probably still husky fur there.  I picked it up from another GRMer in the Clearlake City section of Houston. He had it in his garage before me and the engine, transaxle and rear suspension were already long gone. I have pictures of it on the trailer between Dallas and Houston with the whole backside missing I could probably find and post here. 

I don't know where the guy in Houston got it, nor do I know where the original engine, transaxle and rear suspension went. There were documents that went with the car indicating it was originally sold new by a British Sports Car Dealer in California.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yGoStJkgkoCYBokGBhRHJecbMdCARzfLiAuGsNLSGcutOwOLYphEYdYkLW63kVt7