1 ... 4 5 6 7
03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 8:41 p.m.

Pete mentioned yours , and i would like to talk about whatever Travis does not want. Pete thinks we should do the front engine direction of yours, although not as light. I have thought burning in my head!!!

Buick 231 (3800 Series II) with a 5 speed!!!!

Prolly too ambitious, but I cant help myself!

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/25/20 8:57 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I offered my Lotus project free without any strings to whoever got the GRM Free Europa.  Travis has dibs and I've contacted him.  He wants to see what he gets from Paul first.  Would anyone like to get in line behind him?

It doesn't include a body right? 

I wanted this but the timing was wrong as I'm already knee deep in paul's rejected cheap challenge projects.   I am excited to see what Maschinenbau does to it

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/20 8:59 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I got a PM right after that post with 2nd dibs. Would you like 3rd dibs. Amazing how many people are interested in a free Lotus without strings. 

Stampie (FS)
9/25/20 9:13 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

It does include a craptasic body. Here's pictures for everyone. 

1976 Lotus Elite with new "rolling" chassis. Bunches of parts. I think best built as a death kart but don't let me limit your imagination.

Open Illinois title.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/20 9:20 p.m.

*FCFC Shootout intensifies*

Stampie, are all four of those RAD wheels accounted for?

Stampie (FS)
9/25/20 9:27 p.m.

In reply to gumby (Forum Supporter) :

They are and what I'll miss most about it besides that pretty red chassis.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 9:35 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Ah, but I can have the trailer there by tomorrow night!smiley

Stampie (FS)
9/25/20 9:37 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Should I count that as 3rd dibs?

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 9:46 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

- 03 Panther put together a neat partnership with Pete Gossett and Purple Frog, but there were a lot of logistical pieceS

Thanks for the shout out! I would have loved to attempt it, but I think it will be happiest at its new home

to protect the innocent, purple frog didn’t get the chance to join my merry

band, before a deal was found without us!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 9:53 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Should I count that as 3rd dibs?

Has the new owner of the infamous one expressed any interest, or lack of?

but yeah, I’m a glutton for punishment. 

The europa would have been light enough to use my wife’s Highlander and a lighter trailer... is the eleite missing enough bits to be light enough as well? If not the heavy trailer needs the truck, and my better half is alergic to the diesel fumes. It would take a bit more fanagiling to go on a road trip without her and the dogs. 

Stampie (FS)
9/25/20 10:00 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

You have 3rds.  I think curb weight new was 2200 lbs.  It's missing and engine, trans, and most interior so what 1800lbs maybe?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/20 10:02 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

It should be well under 2000lbs without a drivetrain, interior, or glass. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 10:20 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

- Mr Joshua had an interest in the Avalon, and would have facilitated the Europa for someone else

I didn't come across his interest.. we could have made that happen. Guess it worked out for the best... for the car...

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/25/20 10:26 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

I got a PM right after that post with 2nd dibs. Would you like 3rd dibs. Amazing how many people are interested in a free Lotus without strings. 

I usually have a lot of standby time on nights maintinance. After getting to sleep VERY late in the day, and planing to come in at 8 instead of 7, for a bit more sleep, and the boss called and asked me to come in at 5. So after about an hr and 1/2 sleep, I've been bowed up all night. I'd been waiting fot the new owner to decline, so I could jump in first! But, with less seat time in front of this idiot box... all things work out for a reason. Some are bad reasons, but always A reason!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/26/20 8:01 a.m.

A couple notes regarding Stampie's Elite.. I am familiar with this, because it too was once mine (if nothing else, I am a champion enabler!)

The Elite is much heavier than the Europa. I can lift the Europa body myself. Stampie and I (and our boys) really struggled with loading the Elite. It's a better constructed body (thicker, better glass work), and bigger (it had a back seat). 

The chassis is beautiful. Nearly new. It was a front engine rear wheel drive layout with a ladder frame chassis that can easily accommodate a V8. (Unlike the mid engine RWD spine chassis of the Europa)

I thought the chassis was the best part of the car. I was gonna ditch the body and build an exoskeleton death cart (like an Ariel Atom). 

The body coincidentally has very similar dimensions to a C4. It would probably drop onto a C4 chassis. It would be possible to build 2 Challenge cars out of 1 Lotus. 

Also... the windshield is an integrated part of the body structural. If you try to remove it, the body will lose all of it's integrity. 

Good luck!!

Stampie (FS)
9/26/20 6:08 p.m.

Second dibs has dropped out of line so when Travis gets the Europa he can let me know if he wants this one also.  If not then 03Panther is second in line.  I'll be honest, I won't have time before Challenge for someone to pick it up.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/26/20 7:14 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Assuming Travis does not want an elite to go with his new Europa, and I don't get thrown out of the house for bringing more stuff home to work on, you have intrigued me with the C4! Is the elite front suspension any wider than the Europa? I have a tadpole trike that needs better front suspension...

If I can find a c4 chassis in trade for my formula, put the Europa on it, carb. SBC for simplicity, with a t56 behind it, that would be a wild ride. Not gonna win any races, but it'd be cool!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/26/20 7:26 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

If it comes my way, the more time I have to convince the financial management that driving to Jacksonville to get more stuff to work on is a good plan, the more chance ill be a bit to sleep indoors afterwards. 

I'm sure you would like the room... to put more stuff in... But no hurry on my account. 

If there is a campground real close, that has room for a 46 1/2 foot MH with a 26 ft enclosed trailer behind,, and 4 dogs, I might be able to do a family road trip and lend ya a hand getting ready!!! If she enjoined the trip, can do it again later to get the elite. As I type this, I realised I need to make you that offer anyway. Never have strings attached with my offers! Not bringing anything home, I can leave off the trailer, and just pull the car. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/26/20 7:30 p.m.

Just found Big Tree RV park. Looks nice, but they are proud of there spaces!

Stampie (FS)
9/26/20 9:24 p.m.

The RV parks around here are either proud of their spaces or your street walker neighbor will want to borrow meth in the middle of the night.

As far as getting ready I'm not worried yet.  I mean I only have a non running car with brakes on 3 wheels and one half shaft missing.  What's to get worried about?  I got like 4 weeks.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/26/20 10:55 p.m.

How many all nighters are planed? I used to be able to do a few, but I did one for work Fri., and today has not been pretty. Tomorrow ain't looking good...

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/26/20 10:57 p.m.

St Mary's cove looks nice... But doesn't list prices. 

Your outside the 295 bypass, right ? West? Or s. West?

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

Yes! What are your plans for the build?

Stoked to see Travis make an attempt at climbing GRM's Everest.

Stampie (FS)
9/27/20 8:36 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I’m inside. I’m pretty on track. Think next weekend is the yep I’m good or I’m moving to another car weekend. 

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mg0ED3Il6mSARxFowdC3rfLTMxu4mMj46jWdbF8JnL9b3buCqBnKcMSbFdtip1vJ