orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
8/29/17 1:37 p.m.

Time to sell on my '86 Fiero. Too much time and attention are being paid to other car projects here so this one needs to go to someone who will drive it more than I am. These are the highlights of the build -- details/specifics available to prospective buyers Specifics -- Car started out as an '86 SE. Converted over to GT Body -- 1991 Corvette Competition Yellow/Black stripes --Custom rear taillights in factory housings. New NOS outer taillight covers added when build --Decklid scoop from a WRX-STI --Quarter panel scoops --Fender vents from 70's era Trans Am bonded into nose for improved airflow over radiator --Shaved PONTIAC script from headlight door --Quad Hella headlights Interior -- Custom --Based on PISA ZR-1 kit --VDO Vision series gauges --Custom rollbar --5 point harnesses --1 pc racing seats Transaxle -- new 0 mile unit installed at build time --GMPP limited slip differential added --outer axle bearing/seal units --Mark William Axles --Aluminum adapter place/electroless nickel plated Suspension -- custom --'88 rear cradle, poly bushings --Koni adjustable coilovers --1-off cradle. Engine and trans poly mounted. Engine uses conventional side mounts -- no dog bone needed --RCC front suspension and 12" brake kit using Baer Eradispeed 2 pc rotors --Street Dreams steel drop spindles --Borbet 17 x 8" wheels with 255 series tires rear/225 front Those are the highlights -- a lot of time and effort went into the build. Enjoyed building the car, it's time to move on to new builds. It does have a few needs. It will need current tires and the door cards need to be recovered. Car possibly available with trophies/awards. It won the 80's category for the Texaco Car of the Decades contest in 2008 -- I might let the Dwayne Vance penned sketch of the car go as well. Price: $4.5k as a roller -- trans included. Available in Fort Worth, TX. PM me if you are interested -- thanks for reading.

UPDATE:  Dropped to $4250.  If you absolutely, positively have to have it with an engine in it, come on out, take a look, and let's talk!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/17 2:11 p.m.

wow, hands down the best looking fiero I have ever seen. What engine needs to be dropped in? an LT1?

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
8/29/17 2:15 p.m.

Robbie -- set up for SBC. So LT1 and earlier will work with the mounts and adapter plate. LS engines will not work.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
9/1/17 9:08 a.m.

Bump for the weekend crowd.....

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/4/17 8:54 a.m.

I've seen this car in person and can attest to the quality. This is a great car that I would buy if it were closer.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/4/17 8:57 a.m.

Very nice.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/4/17 9:10 a.m.

Jeff, why are you selling it without the engine? Just curious.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
9/5/17 12:01 p.m.

Engine is slated to go in the TVR.  I could be persuaded to let it go as-is for the right price.  Also have a very low miled LT1 that I could include as well.

Just trying to clean out the closet, so to speak!

randyracer
randyracer New Reader
9/10/17 8:39 a.m.

Looks really nice, Jeff.  Automatic, I presume?  4-spd, like from 90's Caddy, perhaps?  And what is an RCC front suspension?  Does that mean it is updated to or beyond the improved front susp of the '88?

Thanks -

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
9/11/17 8:45 a.m.

Thanks Randy.

I should have been more clear -- transmission is a Getrag 5 speed.  I found it brand new in a warehouse in OKC when I was putting the car together, so it has less than 1000 miles on it in total.  Still had the factory QC tags on it!  Split the case and put in the LSD.

RCC is a company that specialized in Fiero suspension upgrades.  Their front suspension allows for coilovers and 12" Corvette C4 brakes.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
9/21/17 10:43 a.m.

Bumped!

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
10/13/17 11:00 a.m.

Still for sale

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
11/6/17 10:31 a.m.

In reply to orphancars :

I'd buy this, but I'm not up for another trip to Texas.  You guys don't know what you are missing.  This is a really well built car.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
1/26/18 10:15 a.m.

Back to the top after some winter hibernation.  Need to move this on to someone who can show it some love.  Can sell complete or as a roller -- talk to me :-)

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/27/18 4:47 p.m.

ugh... i don't know the last time i wished i had money as bad as this car makes me wish lol

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
1/28/18 9:56 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Find the money! smiley It is in your neck of the woods, so no shipping costs..... You're already ahead  $$$$$ smiley

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/29/18 12:03 p.m.

In reply to orphancars :

You've got mail. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/29/18 12:49 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Arent you trying to thin the flock? smiley

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
1/29/18 12:55 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Seen and replied....right back atcha! :-)

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/29/18 6:30 p.m.

i wish. any spare money right now goes to a.) our own place and b.) mazda parts.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/29/18 6:35 p.m.
singleslammer said:

In reply to SVreX :

Arent you trying to thin the flock? smiley

Are you asking me to logically explain my addiction??

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
1/29/18 7:20 p.m.

Paul, IF you Still Have The Red Fiero I Have an Engine for this one.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/29/18 7:26 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

No, that was a mistake on my part. I already have three non running cars and three down motorcycles and i want your el Camino in a bad way.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/29/18 7:26 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

I sold it to your buddy- remember?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
18MA3vgOi804yk2PBB07WJejnnvJY3lulOr5Qep7WMfdQRnjeJAYd3nKWgkoRsbc