1 2
Nashco
Nashco UberDork
2/21/14 10:29 p.m.

This is mine, and it's for sale. The ad speaks for itself.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4344417543.html

Bryce

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/14 10:42 p.m.

That is really awesome. Best I've seen in a while. (The ad I mean) The van is pretty nice too!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/22/14 2:54 a.m.

forward controls ftmfw!

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
2/22/14 1:06 p.m.

Damnit Bryce, too bad you're trying to pay for something by selling it. I'd trade my S2000 for it if you'd take it!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
2/22/14 9:09 p.m.

Damn, if I had the money I'd happily make the roadtrip to get that home.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
2/23/14 8:39 a.m.

I wonder if this will get posted to BAT. Again, your detail work is top-notch.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
2/23/14 8:42 a.m.

Yep, made it to BAT. Bryce is famous.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/23/14 8:44 a.m.

Do want. If my lotto ticket wins on Monday I'll be in touch otherwise I just have to keep dreaming...

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
2/23/14 11:54 a.m.

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/02/22/subaru-svx-power-1989-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia/

Neat. Now I've had two cars that were on BaT, this and my Opel Kadett.

To be clear, this is a Wolfsburg but not a Westfalia, as BaT says.

Dang emails are rolling in faster than I can keep up. Please call me at the number on craigslist if you're interested, it's the best way to skip to the front of the line right now.

Bryce

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/23/14 11:59 a.m.

Very pretty and from my very brief research seems well priced.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/23/14 12:28 p.m.

Thats a very nice van!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/28/14 7:22 a.m.

I like that a lot

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/28/14 8:19 a.m.

Wow, that thing is awesome! Gorgeous work Nashco!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/28/14 9:23 a.m.

That is really nice.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
2/28/14 10:00 a.m.

This thing should have been in your sig...I never knew you had it. Also, I think we need to bring back vehicle lists in sigs. Just about everyone had them back in the day and it really helps when you want to ask members about specific makes models etc. Just the other day I saw someone mentioned a quadrasteer burb in their sig and I made a note to ask them about it.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/28/14 10:39 a.m.

That

Is

Cool!

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
2/28/14 1:00 p.m.

Thanks guys. I think it's pretty bitchin' too. The weather broke today, I think I might put a for sale sign in the window and take it for a cruise after work.

Cotton wrote: This thing should have been in your sig...I never knew you had it.

I have ten vehicles right now. Not enough room in the signature for all of them!

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
3/3/14 11:22 a.m.

This is still for sale. This ad has generated a higher ratio of tire kickers to buyers than any car I've ever sold, by far. Lots of interest, but nobody has put cash in my hand. I'm flattered, of course.

Meanwhile, we had some good weather so I took the Van out for some good ol' fashioned hot rodding on Friday night cruising from one hipster joint to the next and had a blast. This Vanagon is a lot of fun, it'll be bittersweet to see it go. I had no idea how much fun it would be to drift a Vanagon.

I tried to get some video so people could get an idea of the acceleration and exhaust sound, but my phone didn't want to cooperate. You'll just have to take my word for it, it sounds rad, or wicked awesome, or whatever they say for really fantastic things where you live.

Bryce

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/4/14 1:17 a.m.

I have seen this thing in person and the sound alone is worth the price of admission. The attention to detail on this build is nice...not something you see on every cross-manufacturer engine swap! Some buyer will be lucky to have the next turn with this one.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UberDork
3/4/14 1:09 p.m.

lol Vanagone

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
3/4/14 1:31 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: forward controls ftmfw!

I made a fatal mistake a few years ago preventing me ever owning a VW Camper or other forward control vehicle. Growing up my parents had a VW and I love them. My wife loved them too and was on board with the idea of getting one, one day, until I pointed out the clever way VW used the occupants legs and body as part of the crash structure being in from of the wheels and only a single panel separating them from a wheel chair on impact. End of story, she will never, never, never ever consider one now

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
3/4/14 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Just tell her you're buying a motorcycle, then maybe she'll reconsider the van.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/4/14 9:11 p.m.

Please sell it soon. Bonus check comes in 2 weeks and I really need to be responsible and pay bills.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/4/14 10:00 p.m.

Very cool.
And local(ish) to me, which is rare for stuff on these boards.

I'm gonna be that guy though, and mention that tires 'need replaced' is (normally) a red flag for me on CL...
I'll allow it here.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
3/5/14 8:39 a.m.
Cotton wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Just tell her you're buying a motorcycle, then maybe she'll reconsider the van.

I would, but I’m rather fond of my testicles.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2vzEQnoNy6M0FpvMWX6t6UzVLJF133dNoRC4KZ70ZlR5uLl6tpv423Q8WpfV5udP