1 2
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/27/19 8:46 a.m.

I have an 87 Chrysler Conquest (Mitsubishi Starion) roller that's in southern California sitting in a desert lot. I left it at a buddy house because I had to move to Texas and couldn't take every vehicle with me. I am kind of emotionally attached to the car but it would be 5+ years before I ever see myself dedicating any money or time to it. I've come to the conclusion that I will never get back around to that car and I don't want it to just rot away. I would love if a GRM'r could come rescue it and bring it back to glory or engine swap it. My buddy would just cannibalize it as parts for his other cars (even though I gave him a SHP parts car).

- The car has a full set of conquest wheels and complete black velour interior.

- The paint is faded and there shouldn't be any body damage. 

- I have the hood and front bumper and air dam here in Texas with me. 

- All it needs is an engine/trans, hood, front bumper, and probably a suspension refresh.

- I also have a Griffin radiator that was made for these cars here in Texas with me. Very rare. I should probably sell that on ebay.

So, if any GRM'er in the area wants a Conquest roller for FREE, let me know. I have the title here with me.

The car is black but covered in dust right now. 

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
9/27/19 8:47 a.m.

the want is high! 

tdrrally at yahoo dot com 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/27/19 9:00 a.m.

The distance and the lack of pictures may be the only things keeping me from going out there to get it.

So Plan A is to try my best to ignore this thread from now until it is sold. 

yupididit
9/27/19 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Pics are up. She isn't pretty; typical Mitsu clearcoat fade, dirty, and needs some love. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/19 10:59 a.m.

Lol at "all it needs is engine trans hood bumper suspension etc"

But seriously, someone should combine this with Patrick's free Q45 for V8 80s Japanese awesomeness. And challenge domination.

yupididit
9/27/19 11:09 a.m.
Robbie said:

Lol at "all it needs is engine trans hood bumper suspension etc"

But seriously, someone should combine this with Patrick's free Q45 for V8 80s Japanese awesomeness. And challenge domination.

Lmao as I was writing that I was laughing at myself. It's a true roller/shell. Good news is these things can fit just about any v8 or inline 6. I really miss that car and those box flares. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/19 12:22 p.m.

If someone were willing to make the trip to Texas is the hood, bumper, and air dam included?

yupididit
9/27/19 1:38 p.m.
Stampie said:

If someone were willing to make the trip to Texas is the hood, bumper, and air dam included?

Oh for sure and whatever else I have for it. 

yupididit
9/28/19 2:41 p.m.

Yeah. I've been thinking, I'll let it go for free to a GRM'er that'll find a way to use it. 

yupididit
9/28/19 2:44 p.m.

I found the front air dam and Griffin radiator with a FAL fan setup. Hood is here too. Front bumper is in cali with the car.

Stampie
9/28/19 4:49 p.m.
Robbie said:

Someone needs to make an epic road trip and make this happen for a zero budget Challenge ass kicker. What bolts into these? 4g63? 2.4 Chrysler turbo?  Transmission?

yupididit
9/28/19 5:45 p.m.
Stampie said:
Robbie said:

Someone needs to make an epic road trip and make this happen for a zero budget Challenge ass kicker. What bolts into these? 4g63? 2.4 Chrysler turbo?  Transmission?

The fragile 4g54 bolts into these with their fragile rwd trans. A vh41 and a 240sx trans will fit well too. 

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
10/17/19 8:08 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

So what happened to this?

I don’t have the energy for it but cool car

yupididit
10/18/19 7:20 a.m.
amg_rx7 said:

In reply to yupididit :

So what happened to this?

I don’t have the energy for it but cool car

Still here! 

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
10/18/19 7:52 a.m.

i still want it, just not sure how i would get it to me. 

yupididit
10/18/19 10:05 a.m.
tdrrally said:

I might know someone in Virginia willing to sell you one for cheap. 

Stampie
10/26/19 7:03 p.m.

Something tells me the demand for this car is about to go up. 

yupididit
10/26/19 7:42 p.m.
Stampie said:

Something tells me the demand for this car is about to go up. 

Tell me more

Stampie
10/27/19 6:55 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Specially class ... I think you have an argument that your Conquest has a FMV of $0 if you want to bring it next year. It has been available for a month to anyone for free. 

yupididit
10/27/19 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Oh snap. Lol well a future Challenger should scoop this up. I still want to take my s600 that I got for free to the next challenge. I may or may not deploy by the time 2020 rolls around. 

Stampie
10/27/19 6:57 p.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/2000-challenge/2020-challenge-special-class-radwood/160447/page1/

About two seconds after it was mentioned at the Town Hall meeting a little voice in my head said "yupididit's Conquest!"

untchabl
untchabl Reader
10/28/19 7:42 p.m.
yupididit said:
tdrrally said:

I might know someone in Virginia willing to sell you one for cheap. 

Any more info on the one in Virginia? Sent you a message about it. California is too far from NC but VA isn't a problem. Looking to build one for the challenge.

captainawesome
captainawesome HalfDork
10/29/19 1:52 p.m.

California is only like a few hours away from Arkansas right?

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
10/29/19 3:04 p.m.

I want to rescue a  Starion tbi unit. I already have the manifold but the tbi i have is pretty crusty. Montero has been waiting for like 2 years already. 

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/29/19 3:13 p.m.

I REALLY want to put a mitsu 6g74 w/ the TT dohc setup from a 3S in this. That'll do 600hp no sweat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zc16vjBNyzF3bOR4sgDhQHiSSpXIwuG27T0CMLDf0a0QkLwTqHBbItfq9VDHoYsV