1 2
Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
7/31/19 9:02 a.m.

Not mine but affiliated

Craigslist ad

Joe wanted to work out some of his ideas for his XJC so he bought an XJ6 to play with in the mean time. Now he is done with it and wants to move it on. He has dumped about 20K into it and only wants $5000 for it. It is a great driving car with cold R134a AC. New crate 5 liter, new T5. New Euro headlight setup, New aluminum radiator. Hell, pretty much everything is new under the hood including engine bay paint

Bitchin blue leather interior with wool carpet. 

Needs interior finish work but is pretty much daily driver ready. Too cool and too cheap to pass on but I have too many projects to grab it myself.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/31/19 9:19 a.m.

Oh.  I like that a lot.  It's a shifter boot away from being finished enough for me.  (well, and on the wrong side of the country, and more $$ than I can spend now, plus I already have a Jag.)  But it'll make someone a great car.  Plus Limited Slip Dif already installed.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/19 10:07 a.m.

That’s almost tempting enough to consider selling the Miata for it. Good thing it isn’t close. 

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
7/31/19 10:17 a.m.

Holy crap that is a bargain!  I'm not a Jag guy in the slightest, but every time I have seen that car in the shop I have questioned my life choices.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
7/31/19 11:32 a.m.

Want. I’d give up all 4 of my Volvo projects for this one. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/31/19 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

Fly and drive

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/19 11:42 a.m.

I even see an AC compressor that appears hooked up. Oh and in before the Frenchyd rant. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
7/31/19 11:43 a.m.

I will fly and drive this for plane tickets only (I'll cover gas and hotels) if anyone too far away wants to buy it.  Just because I want to drive it.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/31/19 12:15 p.m.

Yeah, very cool. And Chris, be careful what you wish for!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
7/31/19 12:18 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Try me!  What's the worst case scenario, that guy in Peru buys it?

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
7/31/19 12:52 p.m.
Stampie said:

I even see an AC compressor that appears hooked up. Oh and in before the Frenchyd rant. 

Yep. New R134a system. Blows cold 

It was already swapped to a Ford V8 and C4 when Joe acquired the car. He bought a new crate motor and T5 instead of going through the existing motor since it was the easy button, if that gives you any idea of how he works. 

I made the clutch pedal system out of tilton pieces since an XJ6 clutch pedal is unicorn poop on this continent. 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
7/31/19 1:10 p.m.

Also it has a full stainless exhaust with H pipe and V band clamps.  It sounds fantastic. 

Why am I not purchasing this?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/31/19 1:21 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls (Trent) :

Because it is too big and the engine is in the frunk?

I love it!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/19 2:07 p.m.

Jumper - I’m equally sad and elated that I live across the country from you. I’d be happy and broke if we were close by!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
7/31/19 2:13 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I will fly and drive this for plane tickets only (I'll cover gas and hotels) if anyone too far away wants to buy it.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/31/19 4:09 p.m.

I never knew I wanted one of these until now...

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/31/19 10:32 p.m.

My want for this is way too high. Lawd this is terrible timing!

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/31/19 10:55 p.m.

Very nice. Sadly I'm another member of the "too many miles away with too little cash" club. Also I see you mention that this was essentially the test bed for an XJC getting the same treatment? Somebody has excellent taste.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/19 11:23 p.m.

My wife and I have been talking about this car a lot lately. We have too many cars. About the only way we can make it make sense is to find someone to borrow the Mini while we try DDing the Jaguar, if you can call that making sense. Clearly we are on the bleeding edge of new "making sense" technologies here...

But it's so... damn... cool...

Cactus
Cactus Reader
7/31/19 11:25 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

That is enormously tempting. Let me see if I can make the dollars happen, this thing is my kind of weird/cool/somebody else's money.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
8/1/19 9:12 a.m.
Daylan C said:

Also I see you mention that this was essentially the test bed for an XJC getting the same treatment? Somebody has excellent taste.

The coupe is getting a few more cylinders, but also a 5 speed.

Something a bit beefier than a T5 though. I think we would destroy one in short order

This motor really wants some headers to keep breathing 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/1/19 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls (Trent) :

Oh yes. Very good.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/1/19 10:49 a.m.
Stampie said:

Oh and in before the Frenchyd rant. 

This needs more likes lol

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/3/19 6:40 a.m.

If that had a leaping kitty on the hood, I could probably talk my wife into it...

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
8/3/19 7:16 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

I'm pretty certain you could install one yourself.  Because V-8 Jaaaaag

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U5OgU4YYRDxtJGiOqVydOWdlOFuHVx49eYEvAvYmnkAiMTFStv3GhQk9Oz4eAMJk