Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/25/19 6:25 a.m.

Sweet British V8

This low-mileage gem of Mark's (Spin_out) was stored in a dark garage under a car cover since 2005. We have cleaned it up and made sure that the engine is free but surely it will need additional work to put back on the highway. So if you ever wanted a V-8 powered British sports car barn find, come and see it at Mark's yard sale on Saturday, March 30, 9 a.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/25/19 6:35 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields :

I really like these cars, and this one looks like a really nice example:

Danny Shields
3/30/19 3:35 p.m.

Lots of inquiries but still available.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/30/19 3:40 p.m.

Ugh... so much want. So little room and time. That looks like a steal. sad

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/3/19 7:34 a.m.

For $8,500, I would have to hear it run and drive it.  But it is a nice car.    

Danny Shields
4/7/19 6:26 a.m.

A "barn find" like this is certainly going to need work.  But you can see that it is complete, and very original.  A Triumph is never going to be as reliable as a late model Honda or Mazda or other travel appliance, but it has character and charm that the new cars cannot match. That is why we love old cars. To own and drive a vintage car, you have to love it.

Danny Shields
4/17/19 2:26 p.m.

Sale pending, deposit received.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/20 7:35 p.m.

Hey Danny, do you mind sharing what this ended up selling for? Trying to determine the market for a TR8 with similar mileage and stored for approximately 10 years. 

Danny Shields
2/20/20 11:02 a.m.

In reply to dherr :

PM me, I can share some info.

Danny

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
2/23/20 7:11 a.m.

Feel free to email me.  Currently have 9 TR8s and have had many more in the past.  I'm pretty up to date with current pricing and how to get the most for what you have.  Just finished restoring a TR8 that has been off the road since 95.  There is a lot that goes into restoring these things.  Pretty easy to have more into a resto than you can sell it for, but the prices have been climbing rapidly lately.  I have a good friend in Ellicott City that knows everything about TR8s.  Maybe he could look at the car for you.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/23/20 7:42 a.m.

Thanks Todd, will hit you up when I am ready to proceed. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rp7q2Ix7ezl0uBDRq9cp5TV3rYZ7yLUi7uBdKYqkiZUGLCqYBsr467qFIokSL4m3