Miles Wilson
Miles Wilson Reader Services
2/7/19 2:29 p.m.

This post was copied from the print classifieds section of Classic Motorsports:

"Purchased from Richmond Volvo dealer in 1989.

Drove one week then stored.

Dealer painted body, installed new interior and started floor repair.

Motor oiled and turned every year.

$2,100"

Contact John at: jlmcn@frontiernet.net or (315) 855-4368

mapleglen
mapleglen None
2/7/19 3:35 p.m.

This is my Volvo. A short story about it. I had just delivered a TR6 to a fellow in NC and was making my way back home to central NY along the coast . We stayed in a high rise hotel next to the Volvo dealer in Richmond VA.; Got bored and went over to the dealer. In the show room window sat this car. I had   several 544s, 122s, and a 1800 back in the 60s. In fact the first date with my wife in 1968 was in a car just like this.  Thought it would be a good car for my 12 year old when he turned 16. The dealer said the car had earned it's keep by bringing in customer , so I gave him the TR6 money and towed it home.

When we got home we drove it around and then put it upstairs in my well ventilated barn. When my son turned 16, I said , lets get the Volvo out. He was not interested. He wanted my 240 Z that was put up there in 1985 .[It was in near perfect condition, and still sits there today.] Well now that I am 75 years old, it is time to start moving things. So the Volvo is for sale. I am not worried cause I still have a Morgan +8 and a +4, two MINIs, and a 1936 Austin 7 Ruby, my wife's car. There is also a TR3 stuck in the back, a family car since 1965.

John

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/8/19 9:49 a.m.

So I guess you wouldn't want to trade for a 1980 Spitfire then? 

mapleglen
mapleglen New Reader
2/9/19 12:14 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Thanks for your offer.

John

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/10/19 6:19 p.m.

Sent you an e-mail John

mapleglen
mapleglen New Reader
2/11/19 1:07 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Sent you an e-mail John

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 2:30 p.m.

In reply to mapleglen :

Even though he wasn't interested in the Volvo did he turn into a car guy?

Miles Wilson
Miles Wilson Reader Services
2/11/19 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

These are the real questions.

mapleglen
mapleglen New Reader
2/14/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Well, after several Honda Civics, he bought a  Prius. now he has a new all wheel drive VW wagon. Still has his eye on the Z

29_SpeedSix
29_SpeedSix New Reader
5/22/19 4:41 p.m.

This was originally posted in February. Is the car still available, and where in a/c 315?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NfRGNkoyXsQ3c1E3kBtIrgMhwwynYxe2o0V2gRcNPXgJKqpNt05UBLkmDrz11L3e