GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/9/20 12:12 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/711518776064748/

For how long it's been up, I think they might take what they can get. Not nearly enough pictures; but I've seen a handful of Crosley gassers and they're delightful each time.

EDIT: 1948. Jesus.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/9/20 12:53 p.m.

I hate when people put stuff up for "interest".  I'm guessing the $1000 isn't even close to what it would take to get it from the guy.  Eveytime I've responded to someone with that kind of post they are like..   "Well I'm really looking for a (insert item with >15K value here) so I'd really just like to trade it for that.  But Cash money I'd need $7500".   

I had a guy that wanted to trade a Miata for a boat of ~$1500 value.  There were tons of boats on C-List for $1000-1500 that he could just go buy.  But he wouldn't take $1500 for the car, he said either trade for a boat or $3000.  He even admited that the boats were only worth $1500.  

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/9/20 1:21 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Right? Like, you just kinda *know* they think it's worth something just because it's old. It's like this one craigslist ad near me for scrap Buick parts from the 30s for ~$750 that get's reuploaded every month. It's been up for over a year, and all the parts were outside. They're scrap value.

I'm honestly waiting. Like if this is up in another month I'll chuck em' like a tenth of what they want- I doubt it, but you never know.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MkxffCNfdo9uFSF7BFThRRMjgr2dtEMqUrpnTmyNpd8bAf2eob872aWyGCEwekyS