1 2
Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
12/19/18 12:03 p.m.
In the world of MGA's, parts for the driver door for a coupe can be found.  They might be available as they were shared on the roadster of the same vintage, the passenger side not so lucky.  In my case, on the passenger side, the star wheel is free of any desire to stop rotating.

The roadster and coupe doors are completely different.  The outer aluminum skin, the inner steel shell, the door latch, etc - it's all different.  Yours doesn't look too bad, but you might be better off just buying another door.  Be prepared to battle the hinge screws if you go that route.

A few tidbits you may already know:  The door key should be different from the ignition key.  One is an FS and the other is an FA or something, though I think the ignition will fit in the door lock.  To lock and unlock the passenger door, the opening handle is rotated upward to lock and downward to unlock and there is a click or detent that you feel and hear.  It should be pretty easy to release the driver side lock by removing the inner door panel.  There is a bar that goes from the opening handle back to the lock.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
12/20/18 4:06 p.m.

Yup - what he said. Different doors (completely) front and rear fenders, B posts and a bunch of other stuff. It was a really substantial redesign.

Take a look at the diagram at https://www.angloparts.com/en/catalogues/group/4305/mga-trim-door-fittings-coupe

I think that those guys have more coupe specific parts than anyone.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
t8jgYAn8ZRViUmncqlxGGbiYM6MRBsU0AKbMh9QennxFUdg6m9ICzqYai6axJUKX