Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/11 10:40 a.m.

I've never seen the car before, but a little GT just popped up in our local free car ads. This is not a big British car area so it may not get a lot of interest. I'd be willing to go check the car out and act as a go-between if anyone's interested. At the moment, I don't know anything other than what's in the ad. Well, other than the fact that the car's in Grand Junction, Colorado. A nice dry climate.

Checking the address on that phone number, I passed within a half mile of the car last night in my own GT!

Ad said: 1973 MGB GT. "Best of show" winner. $16,000 of receipts for photo documented complete restoration. 92k actual miles. Maint/repair manuals. Custom car cover. Garaged! $7,500 firm. (970) 242 3051

http://wheelsdeals.net/origs/Page08.jpg

Luke
Luke SuperDork
7/8/11 9:32 a.m.

I want that cheap, 'beater' Mustang at the bottom right! Even though I'm sure it drives horribly.

The Continental is also cool.

Also, the MGB is $7500 "firm". That's a classified ad pet-peeve of mine. It's a scientific fact that used-car buyers like to negotiate, probably. So price it a couple hundred bucks higher and accept 7.5K .

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
7/9/11 5:16 p.m.

I am tired and saw the "free car" part thinking "who would just give away an MGB GT"?

Time to take a nap?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/10/11 1:09 a.m.
Luke wrote: Also, the MGB is $7500 "firm". That's a classified ad pet-peeve of mine. It's a scientific fact that used-car buyers like to negotiate, probably. So price it a couple hundred bucks higher and accept 7.5K .

Probably a reaction to all the people who low-ball with an offer of half the asking price...four hours after the ad is posted. Not that this has happened to me. Not since the last time I posted a car for sale, anyhow. It's an old British car. Prove to the seller that you are a worthy caretaker, and the price will fall.

For this car, I'd go check it out in the Mini. Not my GT, as not everyone likes to see the heavy modifications and heresy. And as for a free GT, there's one parked in my driveway!

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
7/10/11 9:06 a.m.
Keith wrote: And as for a free GT, there's one parked in my driveway!

Shoot; I just spent 3 days in Arvada and Wheat Ridge for work too.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9sljxiUwhZMADpzaKbuIdmLoeBC09AkY1KjKvWUYh3C4fKnRsY3qi4GIkHTPiEsc