skruffy
skruffy
12/25/07 11:03 p.m.

If anyone remembers my thread from the other classic motorsports forums, an uncle of mine has an early 240z project. I won't go into the details (I already did on the old forum), but the car is mine for free (or pretty damned close to it). (what's with this "preview" post layout? By far the worst car forum layout EVER)

On to the update. He says the car is a 69, build number under 3000. One of the cars that originally had the fairlady badge in the glovebox. I does have the California Z flares like I thought. I was a rusty car, but nothing unusual for a Z (rockers, hatch, battery tray, floors), and all the rust was fixed correctly a decade ago. The car has been stored inside ever since, but he hasn't looked at it in a long time and doesn't know if it is still clean. It will NEVER be a numbers matching car since he's been to numerous swap meets and tried to find the best upgrade parts from other Z's.

I'll post some pictures in the coming weeks once I pick up the car, but you can go ahead and imagine a totally stripped Z with unpainted flares and lots of primered rust fixes.

It was his track project and I intend to finish it. So post any z related track pics or stories or advice. Or stories. Whatever.

corndog
corndog
12/26/07 8:41 p.m.

Cool, I'm looking forward to pictures of your "California Z". I've had my '71 for over 15 years. It's a drag car now, (14.9 @ 91mph) but with some paint and modern wheels, maybe I'll hit some car shows next summer!

Click here for my Cardomain site

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
1/2/08 8:02 p.m.

My Z is a March 70 build date and it number 2400 something.

bobpink
bobpink None
1/2/08 9:56 p.m.

It is HLS30-02483. March build date and bought new at Troncalli Datsun of Atlanta on June 10, 1970.

1969 Datsun Z cars have a serial number of 00500 or less. There are a few exceptions, but the cars are still in the 500s.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aUGeKbqWkDtOVp5OkoyPgYS8kcpFwHhc4vYwXtuJBwa844xsCdVYzkc0C8vZQWyw