jakebarrell
jakebarrell New Reader
8/22/17 6:23 a.m.

Is there a thing as an understated supercar? As hard as it might sound, the Jaguar XJ220 that celebrates its 25-year anniversary this year was probably one of those supercars that got passed on as “not-so-exotic” and a machine that failed to deliver on a promise back in 1992 when it was put into production. A quarter of a century on, the Jaguar XJ220 is as sought after as any other supercar marque from the same era. In a way, the XJ220 can be related to the works of Stanley Kubrick. Like the Jaguar, most of his work was misunderstood when released, but as time went by they were realised as the most important contributions in twentieth century cinema.

Full Story here

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/25/17 9:25 a.m.

I remember the short lived crazy race series they created for these cars where celebrities crashed almost all of the cars,

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/25/17 9:39 a.m.

The shape has certainly aged well. Change the pop up headlights for aero lights and you'd think it was a brand new design.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/25/17 5:29 p.m.

I took pictures of one of the six xj220s' in LA where it was sitting in the window of an empty store front. It was stunning in person, big and very long feeling but not as big as the magazines had made it seem. Id love to try one out.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/17 8:35 a.m.

I got to look one over out in vegas around 2005. They are fantastic cars.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
9/4/17 9:14 p.m.

Wasn't there another even rarer Jag from that time period? 14? Looked even sexier if I remember correctly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LYmbSSIoOEmoAfq1V1zKTV1asj6mbGMsmiAGymST3xCfzmuAic1a1MpwbzFtjmNz