RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
4/27/18 10:04 a.m.

Anybody know who snagged the '71 911T This week? It's been sitting in a guy's backyard in Clintonville for the last 8 years after his garage collapsed on it.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/27/18 12:57 p.m.

Dang sounds like a sweet score but it wasn’t me!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/27/18 1:47 p.m.

I know the guy in passing. 

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
4/28/18 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

Was curious how he got the reclusive owner to sell. Tried 4 years ago, but the owner said he was "going to restore it"

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/30/18 10:09 a.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

He was pretty suttle about the transaction also. Ill see if i can pry some info out of him. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/18 11:19 a.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

"going to restore it someday" is almost as bad for a car as Michigan road salt in the winter.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/30/18 1:06 p.m.

All it takes is getting the wife involved (the sellers wife).  It helped that the owner of the TR-3 I bought had it parked in hs wifes garage space.  When we started negotiating, I told him I wanted to deal with his wife.  He got a good laugh and we came to an easy settlement.  I didn't try to bend him over, because he was a good guy and his starting price wasn't out of line.       

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/30/18 1:15 p.m.

I once spotted an early 240Z in a garage and watched it for years.  It rarely ever moved.  I got their phone number out of a Polk's city diectory and called.  The man who answered said it was his wife's car and he put her on the phone.  Turns out, it was her high school graduation present.  She wanted her kids to drive it, but they weren't interested in "that old car".  A few months later, it disappeared from the garage.          

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SZDtz54xSTfCuYxMFHMpVCBlqYT4JN9Dzf0rFfgYbyrJ2fgC72b2EPxRbMHJmnZ8