Steven
Steven New Reader
7/17/18 9:02 a.m.

Complete car but has been sitting. Only noticeable rust is on rear body work between the Tailights. 29K miles

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/17/18 9:14 a.m.

Complete and running Cosworths are $5-$6K on up.

I wouldn't go over $500 to $1k for this one and only because you say it's rust free and I have a soft spot in my heart (maybe my head) for Vegas. Can't buy anything around here that's rust free.

Always thought one of these with a 4 carb setup would be cool.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
7/17/18 10:40 a.m.

are you kidding PLEASE tell me I WILL GO THERE IN THE MORNING. IS THAT LOCAL, as in lake jackson/oconee .

Steven
Steven New Reader
7/17/18 2:51 p.m.

Was at Atlanta South COPART. I passed on it. I believe it sold for 300. I picked up this though.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
7/17/18 3:10 p.m.

Too bad,  it's not that they don't have all that much value somehow. Today I bet less than 1000 of each year are left,75-76. oh well.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/17/18 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Steven :

I noticed the Galaxie in the first pic and almost commented on it. Nice Score! Solid floors?

I definitely would have gone $300 for the Vega.  

Steven
Steven New Reader
7/17/18 8:20 p.m.

Looks like the Vega did not sell! I may strike on it next week. $300 buy would be around $500 after fees. Is it worth it?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/18/18 7:40 a.m.

$500 for a body shell for an interesting build sounds like a decent price to me. I'd be tempted to put a Ecotec or other modern high winding four banger in there, and see what you can recoupe by selling the Cosworth engine parts.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/18/18 7:49 a.m.

If you re-engine it, go for a Duratec with Cossie parts bolted onto it.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/18/18 8:05 a.m.

If you can get it for $500, I'd say it'd be worth it.  If nothing else, you could probably double your money parting it out. But it would be more fun as a resto-mod base.  Would absolutely cost more to restore to stock than what a nice one can be bought for.   A quick search on Hemmings has a nice driver (in red) for $7000 with a couple of really nice, low mileage examples (in the preferred black) in the low $20K range.  I've seen many sold for well under $10K.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/18/18 8:47 a.m.

I'd go for it.

Depending on parts availability for the Cos engine, I'd either use it, sans the F.I. setup, just for the cool factor or more likely go with my redneck roots and put a small block in it.

Small block or LS Vega for challenge money.....

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP Reader
7/30/18 9:31 a.m.

Keep the cosworth engine, that is what made it special.  But maybe swap to a pair of weber side draft carbs.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/5/18 5:41 p.m.
GTXVette said:

are you kidding PLEASE tell me I WILL GO THERE IN THE MORNING. IS THAT LOCAL, as in lake jackson/oconee .

A month ago  i stumbled upon one of these on South Beltline Hwy, Mobile Al. (feeder road to I-65 s ) between cottage hill and government blvd. The time of the morning was 4:30-45 ish and it appeared to be the BRG color, all there(not a rat)  with nothing more than a 'Yes it's a Vega' sign in the window. I recall a Bob's Speed was nearby.....sorry that's all I have 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
8/6/18 10:38 a.m.

A sort of neat engine in a pretty boring car - guess I don't get it.

Anyone that does buy this would be well advised to keep it with stock engine, otherwise it loses most of whatver value it might have had.  Lots of regular Vegas out there to stick V8s into.

200mph
200mph New Reader
8/7/18 11:52 a.m.

If you MUST part it out...

If it's a 5 speed, there is value there.  All 75's and many 76's had the 4 speed.  Easy swap into a 4 speed car.

The 13x6 wheels are same bolt pattern (4x4") as MG Midget, AH Sprite.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dHeKAzgoHTqOYOfrd6RgtCGglk6hDxrVQG10UmPOkgOnctMVZeZSQpOfHFcRuTsa