Andy Reid
Andy Reid HalfDork
6/22/09 9:37 a.m.

At first glance, Paul Smith’s 1959 Fiat 1500 OSCA looks a little like a Fiat 124 Spider, the Italian roadster familiar to sports car enthusiasts.

But wait a minute. The Fiat 124 didn’t arrive until 1967, nearly a decade after the model year of this particular car. If this isn’t a mass-produced 124, what exactly is it? And how in …

Read the rest of the story

nestormoya3
nestormoya3
7/3/09 11:44 a.m.

Very informative writeup.

GlobalViperRecords
GlobalViperRecords
2/19/10 8:24 p.m.

Very Nice, I also have a 1958 Fiat 1500 osca, Picked it up from a old truck stop that is now just a service center. Was getting something fixed on a car i was pulling and walked around only to find one in the corner, It needs some work but body is straight, all hub caps there, engine there most everything is there except for the two chrome strips on the side, front and rear bumbers, rear emblem, needs to be cleaned up but was surprised on how clean the body was and no damage with original paint. Not sure if im going to keep her, think i will put some new tires on her, get her running, clean up the inside, maybe redo the door panels, seats and carpet, put a top on her then let someone take over with the few things she needs to complete her. GlobalViper@aol.com

GlobalViperRecords
GlobalViperRecords
3/4/10 6:32 a.m.

Have a 1959 Fiat 1200 for sale as well, missing the front bumper but rest is all there, needs restore, taking offers, week by week will start to restore little by little. Globalviper@aol.com the 1500 i had sold a few days ago to a guy in Hungary, and it was also a 59.

bubbleman
bubbleman New Reader
11/22/18 7:03 p.m.

Thanks for re-issuing this article.  Owning an unusual vintage Italian car is a lot of fun.  As stated, finding bespoke parts means working the network of like-minded enthusiasts, who are usually very helpful (i.e., you make a lot of new friends around the world).  It would be nice to see more etceterini in the magazine!

wspohn
wspohn Dork
11/24/18 10:19 a.m.

I have a friend that owns one. Nice looking sports car and he babies it as engine spares are almost non-existent!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MFtF0lgzD7mhv0BqyI06YkA8GNN9WNDvtJcqPlIvqVxGS3OaQNUpNd0GTGi1wLLS