KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
3/25/08 2:41 p.m.

I keep sending you guys all my good stuff.

Anyway, there is a bill pending in the California Senate to remove the smog test restriction on pre-1976 vehicles in a bunch of counties. Someone posted this on 914World.com.

So I did some digging and the fellow that posted it got the information from the SEMA Action Network or SAN. (See link: http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASANcom/HomePage)

So here is a group that we enthusiasts should investigate and likely support. Particularly this group.

I thought that an in-depth article about them might make for good reading and serve to educate readers about various laws that states have enacted or are planning that would impact our hobby.

I am not a member of SAN, and I don't know if they are the only group or the best group dealing with these issues. So there is no affiliation or benefit for me.

Food for thought. :nice:

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
3/26/08 7:28 p.m.

For what's worth (or "FWIW" in Internet speak), we're members of SEMA. They are actually involved in many similar issues across the country. Maybe it's time to give them some more ink.

Nick  Tallos
Nick Tallos None
3/26/08 9:50 p.m.

I would support that for sure.

I have to check the exact wording of the law, but in Pennsylvania I'm pretty sure there is an exception from emissions testing if you drive under 5000 mile/year. On the one hand I'm hoping to get that this year, while on the other I just want to drive the car all the time.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
3/26/08 10:50 p.m.

That would be awesome David!!

ddavidv
ddavidv None
3/27/08 6:04 a.m.

'Tis true, my BMW race car (still street legal) carries the PA emissions exemption. Not much of a big deal anyway, as the older cars are only subject to a visual and gas cap seal test. We also exempt automatically any car with collector plates from safety and emissions inspections. One of the few things PA does correctly. :nice:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wO4LDc2tG6rawcmV9hu1kEutYTIFhwy1jErGhEOEGEmITaOVYomH3RrUUToLEzFV