kevinshaw
kevinshaw New Reader
2/13/10 10:06 p.m.

Found this Jaguar in a garage that the owner wants my construction company to demo and rebuild. Located in Atlanta. I think it's an early 70's model XKE? 6 cylinder. Owner wants it sold, asked me to take care of it, but he may think it's worth more than it really is. Any value to it? Any interest to Jaguar buffs. Hate to see the car sit in state of neglect. Picture posted if you click on my profile.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
2/14/10 2:07 a.m.

Its an XKE, but I can't tell what year by the one picture that I can see. Definitely need more info to be of any help.

Good luck.

WilD
WilD Reader
2/15/10 11:40 a.m.

No doubt its an XKE, I think its a series II. All E-Types are worth something to somebody, but they are often not worth what a seller seems to think. People are probably confused by the prices they see online. Concourse series I cars are big money, but decent series II drivers, can be had for $15K, especially 2+2 cars, but I have seen convertibles in the same neighborhood. That one looks like it's been neglected for a while, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't worth a few thousand dollars to somebody. Does the car even run? Is it a manual or automatic?

I'm no expert but I do browse the local online classifieds for these cars from time to time.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/15/10 1:45 p.m.

Posted to the thread to save clicks...

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
2/15/10 10:27 p.m.

Photo too dark for me to tell if its a convertible... how much does he think its worth?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/15/10 11:08 p.m.

Looks to be a convertible. 1970-71?

Treb
Treb Reader
2/16/10 9:21 p.m.

The folks on the E-type list say '71. (badges behind the front wheels, chrome trim around the grille opening)

So that will be a late SII -- last of the short wheelbase cars, last of the 6-cylinders.

Value highly dependent on condition. Any more pics?

Matt

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
2/17/10 10:48 a.m.
Treb wrote: Value highly dependent on condition.

Yeah, what he said. Some XKEs aren't good deals even if the seller gifts it to you! Worse money pits than owning a boat.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KwNHyxuCYi1xbmzuDm1CaABUFEKyRS0if9aC2H9sCXTWoUs464xtGdo3UTjVaxVV