John Webber
John Webber
9/16/20 12:23 p.m.

[Editor's Note: This article originally ran in the July 2007 issue of Classic Motorsports.]

What’s so complicated about it? Spin a single wedge-shaped “piston” through its four-stroke combustion cycle instead of firing it up and down. As a result, throw away a boatload of heavy parts, like a long crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons and valve train. Now rev the …

Read the rest of the story

moggiedog
moggiedog New Reader
7/26/21 4:17 p.m.

I was the first to race an NSU in the US buying two wrecked Spyders from Norm Krastel, the NSU dealer in Columbus Ohio.  Until last year, I still owned it from 1966.  The current curator of my Spyder lives in Akron Ohio and is a rotory enthusiast who told me he would restore it as a vintage racer. I hope he does.  

Dave Sawyer

tolyarutunoff
tolyarutunoff New Reader
4/3/22 5:12 p.m.

In reply to moggiedog :

in '67 or '68 someone raced a spider at mid-ohio.  it was probably a float level problem that gave it a staggering acceleration out of the turns.

MGWrench
MGWrench New Reader
5/9/23 12:11 p.m.

Mr. Webber totally missed the Rotary Engine Pickup and the RX4.  Both used the 13B wankel engine.  The RX4 was a really nice family-sized sedan or wagon and the REPU was the fastest thing on 4 wheels from 0 to 60.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SDEJPtWk5FCeLxsSdcamdCwVv2AcFCbENSR0pDMxWx3kwONzgTdhVfxQMGsYpN9t