1 2
frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/13/20 9:06 a.m.

It's a barn find. Low mileage.  Might be a bit of surface rust from being stored the past 30-40 years.  Leather interior is hard and some seams have split. Grandpa babied this car,  never drove it in the winter or rain. Serviced by the dealer it's whole life. Ran the last time Grandpa drove it into the barn. (Doesn't run now) 

Now the bad news, we can't find the tittle  or keys so it's only good for parts, or Racing.  Bill of sale.  

I don't know much about it. The trunk  has XJS on one side and V12 on the other. I guess the dealer was someone called Jaguar. 

sorry for not catching spell check's changing what I wrote. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/13/20 9:09 a.m.

Are you offering it for sale?

I'll take it.  Don't care about the title.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/13/20 9:17 a.m.

All summer I've averaged about 3 cars a month at that price or less. Watch the insurance auctions. Check Facebook and Craigslist.  There's a 79 in Texas with a value of $250.  
( $500 is what I paid for mine)  

But if I give up on going racing you can have it at that price. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
11/13/20 9:25 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

So, you bought it?

Congrats!

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/13/20 9:41 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

No If I bought a second one SWMBO  would make me sleep in it.   I'm just tired of seeing all of these go to the junkyards.  
My local Jaguar junkyard must have at least 50 in various stages of disassembly. 
    Yank off that stupid York air conditioner and toss away the fuel injection. Either find one of those 2/4 barrel manifolds or use the early (71-74 ) factory manifold. Cut off the dog leg and put 4 SU carbs on. And suddenly the engine is simple and very good looking. In fact Loosecannon  picked up something like 40 horsepower when he did that with stock Strombergs on his  MGB.V12 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 8:43 p.m.

I am completely confused, and unsure if it’s just me. Are you selling something, offering advice, or telling us about something you know of for sale, but did not post a link to?

is a Camaro for sale, as the title said, or is it truck, like you said? Or a jaguar? Or a big block , or a 12cyl?

or are you making fun of something not disclosed, or making a funny, that went way over my head?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/13/20 9:03 p.m.
frenchyd said:

It's a barn find. Low mileage.  Might be a bit of surface rust from being stored the past 30-40 years.  Leather interior is hard and some seams have split. Grandpa babied this car,  never drove it in the winter or rain. Serviced by the dealer it's whole life. Ran the last time Grandpa drove it into the barn. (Doesn't run now) 

Now the bad news, we can't find the tittle  or keys so it's only good for parts, or Racing.  Bill of sale.  

I don't know much about it. The truck has XJS on one side and V12 on the other. I guess the dealer was someone called Jaguar. 

So there's a big block camaro with no title that has v12 and Jaguar on each side of the truck? $500 with a bill of sale. 

yupididit
11/13/20 9:04 p.m.

Nevermind he's trolling or gone senile. sad

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 9:06 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Very glad to see its not just my mind going. I THINK I'm to young for going senile, but so did my Dad, At 88 years old! "Nothing wrong with my memory, you are just WRONG"

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
11/13/20 9:17 p.m.

It's clear that frenchy is dilusional and is convinced a v12 jag is somehow the same as a big block crammit.

Sadly, I thought this was where this was headed this morning.  It's a little scary to know I've begun to understand frenchy.

Frenchy: have you ever thought there might be a reason a 40 year old jag may be worth less than a set of new tires?

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/13/20 9:23 p.m.

Oh, I think “truck” = “trunk.”

I get it now.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 9:49 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Oh, I think “truck” = “trunk.”

I get it now.

I made that connection as a posability... but still don't get it. Hopefully frenchyd will eventually explain. If he does not include 4 or 5 paragraphs of erroneous information. I'm sure there would be lots of people interested in a camaro with a V12, or a Jag with a big block, or some combination of his post... as soon as we know what is being sold. Unless its not. Heck even if there is a truck for sale, somebody will prolly be interested!

yupididit
11/13/20 10:12 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

There's nothing. He made that title as click-bait. 

If you notice after he got a reply from SVreX he went right into how to make power with the v12 and removing its heavy ac system.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 10:23 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to 03Panther :

If you notice after he got a reply from SVreX he went right into how to make power with the v12 and removing its heavy ac system.

If you sift through all his non related paragraphs, he does have good knowledge, but how bad does you life have to be just to click bait a forum like this so you can teach people like us the need to remove AC to save weight? just start a post "who wants mor info on Jags? I would bite!!!!

yupididit
11/13/20 10:29 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I know he has good info but he dilutes it with bad info too. I frequent his favorite parts of the jag forums too. I get twice the dosage except he's a bit more tamed there. 

He might be going through something or i don't know. I hope he's well though. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 11:17 p.m.

I finally caught it!!! (I'm such a direct person, I never learned to read other people being subtle)

He was attempting to be a dick, by pointing out that Jags are so much better than GM, cause you can get them cheaper!!! I don't follow the logic, but he's been there before. Guess I'm kinda slow.

I, too, feel like he is truly a nice person with a big heart. But his posts on the surface do not reflect that. Very poor at presenting his info! But as you say I sincerly hope he is doing well, and I know most here would respond well if he wanted some support.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/13/20 11:20 p.m.

I waited all day checking in to see if there was actually a big block Camaro for sale. I was confused from the OP because Camaros built during the years of factory big blocks didn't have leather interior options.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/13/20 11:25 p.m.

I would do a rust free V12 down here in the “deep south” if one came up cheap enough. But I don’t think rust free and cheep fit in the same car!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/13/20 11:45 p.m.

I came into this thread full of hope and dreams, fueled by alcohol no doubt, but still as real as can be.

I leave it..... confused, bewildered but still in the scotch afterglow. Scotch is always there for me even if $500 Big Block Camaros are not. It's nice there is an order to things

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
11/14/20 7:14 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Yep. Which is why I quickly vanished.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/14/20 7:31 a.m.

If there is a Jaguar for $250 in Texas I am interested. 

Will not be pulling the a/c off though. This is Texas.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/14/20 9:07 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

It's clear that frenchy is dilusional and is convinced a v12 jag is somehow the same as a big block crammit.

Sadly, I thought this was where this was headed this morning.  It's a little scary to know I've begun to understand frenchy.

Frenchy: have you ever thought there might be a reason a 40 year old jag may be worth less than a set of new tires?

I completely understand. Most people open that hood and are terrified. But once past the terror what's underneath is really good. 
     Imagine a really fast, powerful, Miata  that only a few informed people knew about.  Camouflaged by some poor obsolete luxury stuff. 
   Try to save all that old obsolete junk and you'll drive yourself nuts. But if you toss out all that you'll have a really good race car. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/14/20 9:13 a.m.
Snowdoggie said:

If there is a Jaguar for $250 in Texas I am interested. 

Will not be pulling the a/c off though. This is Texas.

Don't buy a Old Jaguar as a daily driver.  Or even an occasional driver unless you're willing to replace all that luxury stuff with good modern reliable stuff. And then because you're going to try to take a 60+ year old design it won't be as good as more modern cars are. 
  Drive a newer Jag and you'll see what I'm talking about. Heck there are a few guys on here that do and they are much more happy with post Ford cars than the older Sir William Lyons cars. It's like the difference between a Model A and a Mustang. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/14/20 9:16 a.m.
NOT A TA said:

I waited all day checking in to see if there was actually a big block Camaro for sale. I was confused from the OP because Camaros built during the years of factory big blocks didn't have leather interior options.

I'm curious, how much net horsepower do you think those older 396 / 427's actually had?     

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/14/20 9:19 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to 03Panther :

I know he has good info but he dilutes it with bad info too. I frequent his favorite parts of the jag forums too. I get twice the dosage except he's a bit more tamed there. 

He might be going through something or i don't know. I hope he's well though. 

Thank you.  It's like I see $100 dollar bills just out of my reach  and I'm trying to tell fellow racers to pick them up.  Note; I've never said pick one up and restore it?  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UygKiq5bo5r2CUUwM0Oxlw4toLlCXtlcLeg9xWCSKyMBkbxqfc9BoioVxFAs2T1X