Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/24/20 11:10 a.m.
feature_image

Sponsored article presented by British Sports Cars.

The predecessor to the Austin-Healey 3000, the 100/6 improved on the success of the 100 by replacing its inline-four with a straight-six powerplant.

This 1959 Austin-Healey 100/6 comes from the last year of the model's production and is said to have had "a fresh restoration done to a high standard."

The two-tone …

Read the rest of the story

David8831
David8831
7/29/20 11:16 a.m.

Funny, it doesn't seem to have the correct head for a late 100-6.  That looks like the early inefficient "log" head that was changed in 1957 to the 12 port head and made the engine much more tunable.  It does not make sense that someone would change the better, later head for the earlier, far less efficient head.  This makes me concerned about the car's history and providence.  There is something fishy here.

dougie
dougie Reader
8/2/20 11:28 p.m.
David8831 said:

Funny, it doesn't seem to have the correct head for a late 100-6.  That looks like the early inefficient "log" head that was changed in 1957 to the 12 port head and made the engine much more tunable.  It does not make sense that someone would change the better, later head for the earlier, far less efficient head.  This makes me concerned about the car's history and providence.  There is something fishy here.

Hmm, I agree. the poor following "log" style head was only used at the introduction of the 100-6 in 1957. In fact, dealers offered the new " 12-port" Mille Milgia head for an upgrade for the earlier cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g5lk5obTZV6T72BTaGBMgUKLSaPiESqWmJ1Y0P6bs49eJYB3tSqWrcH5YyWO02H4