Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/4/19 2:00 p.m.
feature_image

We've seen this formula before: Take a Mustang and improve it. Carroll Shelby did it most famously with the original GT350, and Saleen followed in his footsteps some 20 years later. This 1988 Saleen Mustang still has its stock, 225-horsepower V8, but underneath there’s a Racecraft suspension, five-lug wheels, a trick body kit and four-wheel disc brakes, among other goodies. The end result? A …

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/19 2:38 p.m.

IIRC, full Saleen builds have their build number painted on the bumper by the left headlight. While easily faked for a knockoff, I love the look. You can't see it in these photos, but I think its there if you look at other from Mecum. 

My favorite Saleen detail.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/4/19 3:17 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Yup. Here's one from a different car:

In the process of googling this, I found out there were some Saleen notchbacks...and now I really want one of those!!!

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/4/19 3:21 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Those notchbacks are über rare. 

Interesting that the one I listed doesn't have the number under the headlight. When doing my research I also found a quick blurb on the same car on the Saleen Owner's club, but they don't mention anything about it not having its number. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/4/19 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Interesting indeed. I wonder if they are prone to peeling/flaking off, as I have seen a few sources for reproduction decals.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f02MiYXP5rgzredYaOcIJkHNO4lSdmmFpTxO3NtnwIaZhI01bmfQRKSF04vKUwW1