David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 1:33 p.m.
feature_image

Jaguar? Ferrari? No. The 1955 Hagemann-Jaguar Special is a one-off racer commissioned by Northern California’s Babe Sulprizio. Jack Hagemann formed the body, while Jaguar provided power.

And it’s for sale.

“By early 1955,” the Fantasy Junction listing begins, “construction began using a welded tubular steel ladder frame with Jaguar Mark VII independent front suspension and longitudinal torsion bars up front, …

Read the rest of the story

dougie
dougie Reader
4/3/20 6:55 p.m.

I pitted across from this car while competing in the Rolex Monterey Historics a few years back. The owner was pretty causual about the car, I think he drove it to the track everyday, left it open and uncovered during a couple early morning rain showers as well. Jay Lenos chief mechanic and all around shop steward Bernard, drove this car to a RMMR first overall a few years ago also.

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
4/3/20 11:18 p.m.

Honestly only posting because I recognize the name Hagemann.  I grew up in Livermore and went to the "rocket park" when I was a kid which was named Hagemann park.  As far as I know they've been in the tri-valley area for over 150 years.  GLWS!

Scaughell
Scaughell
4/6/20 12:53 p.m.

Second car designed and built by Babe Sulprizio. Also Jaguar powered

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VxDlVEeervhByQGINCF5Yf5mOYEaDMk2fQ2hc2kiwSkD6qpqnLhPBbbLJLBNJRAV