David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/20/08 1:19 p.m.

My three NOS Carello PF-130 lights just arrived, so now I need a fourth. By some weird chance, does anyone have one sitting around? If I'm correct on my Carellos, a PA-130 would work, too. I don't mind mixing fogs and spots.

Bryan
Bryan
2/20/08 3:33 p.m.

David I have never heard of Carello lights. Can you give me a brief history of them and why you would want them for your Mini? Which is a way cool car and I do not like Minis. GASP! Get a rope!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
2/20/08 3:54 p.m.

I'm sure David will correct me if I'm wrong here, but Carello made tons of lights and other stuff for Italian cars. Since David's Mini is an Innocenti, it was originally fitted with Carello stuff instead of Lucas.

David S. Wallens
2/20/08 6:27 p.m.

Yes, what he said. Carello was (is?) an Italian light manufacturer, much like Bosch or Lucas. Since my Mini was made in Italy, it came from the factory with Carello lights.

A previous owner fitted some generic driving lights on the nose. They look cool, but I figured Carellos would be cooler. I just bought three and now just need a fourth.

These are the lights that I'm talking about: http://www.minimania.com/web/threadid/89954/InfoID/1/SiteMessages/13/msgthread.cfm

scheinwerfermann
scheinwerfermann
2/21/08 4:31 p.m.

Years ago, Carello was bought by Italian-based, FIAT-owned auto parts conglomerate Magneti-Marelli. In 1999, Bosch and Magneti-Marelli merged their automotive lighting operations into a company not very imaginatively named Automotive Lighting . Unfortunately, just about all of the Carello standard-fit headlamps (7-inch, etc.) and universal-mount auxiliary lamps have been discontinued for quite some time and are NLA -- they figured they'd just market the Bosch units instead. :-( Only suggestion I can make is...keep your eyes open on eBay!

David S. Wallens
2/21/08 4:34 p.m.

Thanks for the little history lesson. I figured the name was gone but didn't want to assume for sure.

Coupefan
Coupefan
2/22/08 9:02 a.m.

I had a difficult time a number of years ago while in Europe sourcing a pair of rectangular Carello driving lights. I did manage to eventually find a pair, with the plastic covers. I understand the want and need. The Bosch lights feel out of place on an Italian car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ONxBT3nd0RdPYqcKjRHDnBprdcQatsXPd1nH0uwxJmTaqoQmqLbJdvWZ3YE0Lyir