Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor, Grassroots Motorsports & Classic Motorsports
5/25/16 2:48 p.m.
feature_image

Here we have what is supposedly a 1969 Cadillac Eldorado and a Corvette mated together to create something worthy of the most dastardly comic book villain. Apparently the car was used in the James Bond film OctoBob Costas. We stumbled upon it on the Chicago Craigslist page, listed for $5000. Sound like a restoration you would want to undertake?

Get …

Read the rest of the story

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
5/25/16 2:52 p.m.

Dude I would watch the E36 M3 out of OctoBob Costas

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/16 2:52 p.m.

octoBob Costas is hilarious!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
5/25/16 2:55 p.m.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/25/16 9:07 p.m.

That car is perfect...

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
6/8/16 5:01 p.m.

Flamboyant.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/16 1:38 p.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯: I'm picturing a SpongeBob spin off.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/13/16 9:51 p.m.

Looks like it could be a 'Corvorado' by Dunham Coach from back in the day. Way over the top, but kind of cool imo. It's already gone too, so guess someone snatched it up.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
6/14/16 1:51 p.m.

lowridercaddy
lowridercaddy New Reader
8/27/17 5:41 p.m.

Just doing a search and came across my Corvorado.. I was the guy that bought it off of craigslist in Chicago. It is a 1969 Corvette with fiberglass body made to resemble a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado. This car was never in any movies. The first Corvorado built (Whispers car) is in a private collection and the owner is currently negotiating with Chip Foose to do a full restoration back to the original car featured in James Bond Live and Let Die. The Corvorado used in Superman the movie is also car number 1 with a black and white repaint... My car was the 3rd car made by Les Dunham for himself. Around 1976 Les decided to offer it to Elvis Presley and changed the look of it. He called it Blue Suede Shoes. Two months after the car was done Elvis died. The car was then sold in 1978. I got the full history from Les himself and about 2 months after I bought it I posted photos on my Cadillac Coachworks Facebook page which got the attention of Jay Leno who has made an open offer to buy the car. I have also got attention from Danny at Count's Kustoms, he wanted to feature the car on his TV show Counting Cars. I would have agreed but I would need to come up with the full restoration cost (aprox $85,000 USD) and the Canadian to USD exchange rate is terrible. I'd post photos here but I'm not sure how to do it so if anyone cares to check it out you can see it on my Facebook group called Dunham Corvorado #3 Restoration.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/17 8:19 p.m.

In reply to lowridercaddy:

Thanks for the update!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WVoVz54RWa8j6lNM8qRWcMFXBeE6ILgRJslknpdAuhAsDXt6MvV20cPj67urnkBG