Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
10/30/20 4:02 p.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the At the Beach Class presented by Monterey Touring Vehicles.

This is for judge viewing only. Comments are locked at this time.

If you are trying to enter a car in this category or any other category, please go to the official entry thread to do so.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 5:57 a.m.

1960 La Dawri Sebring                                                                                                                                                                                                    Owner:Steve Miller                                                                                                                                                                                                        Ormond Beach, Florida                                                                                                                                                                                                 Class: At the Beach                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               This Sebring was discovered in a warehouse in Rockledge,Illinois in 2012 where it had slumbered since 1975. The LaDawri company was at one point the largest supplier of fiberglass bodies in the country only to be out of business by 1965 due to a workplace fire. This example,one of only 4 known to exist,was originally built by an unknown enthusiast on a 1956 VW pan. Restored in my driveway to a driver standard to pay respect to the way it might have orginally been built back in the day with hand tools and shadetree mechanical knowledge. After my work the car was awarded the Pixar pictures award for"car most likely to be in a movie" at the 2019 Amelia Island Cars and Coffee. Subsequently featured in the 2019 Fall edition of "ReinCARnation magazine.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 6:03 a.m.

1953 Ford Ranch Wagon

Tom & Pat Cotter 

Davidson, NC 

Proposed class: At The Beach

I bought the car in 1972 when I was a high school senior because: 1.) the two-door wagon was so cool, and, 2.) it was cheap... $85.  I am the third owner.  It was originally destined for German export; the speedometer is in kilometers.  It was my surf wagon that I drove to college and my early jobs before being stored. I was always tempted to modify the wagon with a modern drivetrain, but restored it about 25 years ago with it's original six cylinder and three-speed overddrive trans.

Photos by Michael Alan Ross 

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
WGm8aet1IFumV6eJPpa9gKMkytFXni7GsxaB58FlsVgHoPT1UBrmYudxbrnkaU51