Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/30/20 3:34 p.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Cars of Main Street Class Presented by Driveshare.

This is for judge viewing only. Comments are locked at this time.

If you are trying to enter a car in this category or any other category, please go to the official entry thread to do so.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/30/20 3:38 p.m.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:37 a.m.

1952 MG TD

Owners: Lianne & Alberto Naon

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Details:

MG TD's were manufactured in Great Britain with a total production of 29,664 (23,488 exported to the USA). Price when new was US $2,115 MSRP. A 4 cylinder 1,250 cc engine produces 54 HP, and has a top speed of 77 mph. Many famous race car drivers, like Carol Shelby, Ken Miles, Phil Hill, Roger Penske, started their racing carriers in MG's.

Our MG TD took 5 years to complete a full "ground-up" restoration. Every single component was fully restored or replaced. Great attention was made to make sure every detail was as delivered when new by an MG factory dealer. The only aftermarket options included were offered by MG new car dealers. It is a 100% number matching car.

"2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Accepted Participant"

Video link:  https://youtu.be/0-KBFJQtiGQ

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:38 a.m.

Car: 1964 Triumph Spitfire4

Owner: Barry Connally

Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969), At the Beach, Cars of Main Street

Details: Designed by Giovanni Michelotti and largely based on the Triumph Herald, the Spitfire was manufactured at Canley, Coventry. It was the first British Sports Car of its class to feature roll up windows, front disc brakes, and rack and pinion steering. This Spitfire has been in the family since it was bought new in January 1964. It was raced extensively by the current owner’s father, winning the Texas Regional Special Class A SCCA Championship in 1964 and 1965, and placing 1st Overall in Carroll Shelby's 1967 Terlingua Time Trials. After obtaining the car in 2005, the current owner spent the next seven years personally performing a complete frame off, nut and bolt restoration in tribute to his father. Having recently completed a second frame off restoration, the current owner maintains the family racing tradition by placing 1st Overall in the Spitfire Autocross Class at two recent National Triumphests.

The Quail - A Motorsports Gathering, Las Vegas Concours d'Elegance, Coyote Creek Concours d'Elegance, The San Marino Classic, Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:39 a.m.

1965 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa Coupe

Owners: Phil and Audrey Raker

Manning, SC

When the “late model” (1965-1969) Corvairs were introduced in late 1964, the budding engineer in me immediately fell in love with them. I recognized that this was truly an American Grand Touring car in the mold of air-cooled Porsches and E-Type Jaguars. This example is a Cypress Green, 140 HP, four-carburetor, 1965 Corsa Coupe: the model chosen by Don Yenko as the basis for his Stingers. The exterior has been repainted in the original color, and the Faun interior is all original, except for the carpet. The Minilite wheels were an available option on the Yenko Stinger, so I’ve included them on this car. At the 2007 International Convention of the Corvair Society of America, this car was judged to be the over-all best Corvair at the show (combining scores from Concours, Autocross, Fuel Economy, and Road Rally), winning the Ed Cole Memorial Award.

Invited to participate by: Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance and Motoring Festival

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:41 a.m.
  • Car: 1951 MG TD
  • Owner(s): Milt Babirak
  • Proposed Class(es): Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)
  • Details: The MG TD is the first European sports car to be popular and affordable in the USA. This award-winning car has been on display at museums and received trophies and special recognition at several concur de elegance shows across the country.
  • Representing: The Old Town Festival of Speed & Style
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:43 a.m.

1967 MG 1100

Owned by Allan (Russ) Russell

Layton UT

Sports and GT cars 1960-1969

My Son is a dealer. He purchased the car at the auto auction. He decided that it wasn't the car for him, and sold it to me. I remains work in progress, but it has won several awards in the few shows that have taken place this year. It creates sensation every time I take it out. The biggest surprise is the supercharger under the hood.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:43 a.m.
  1. Car: 1956 Ford F-100

2. Owner: Roger Billings

3. Location: Greater Portland, Ore.

4. Proposed Class(es): American Antique

5. Details: Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

6. Photos

We will accept this entry's for our Cars of Main Street class, but you will need to post, or send me better pictures, to have any chance of winning. Tim Suddard/Chairman Tim@ClassicMotorsports.com

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:44 a.m.

Car: 1999 Buick Regal Gran Sport, "Gina"
Owner: Jason Wollenweber
Proposed Class: Cars of the '80s and '90s

Details: This is "Gina", my 1999 Buick Regal GS. Family owned since 2000 when it was purchased new off the lot with 120 demonstration miles at Moore Buick Pontiac GMC in Los Gatos, CA. This car features GM's venerable 3800 Series II supercharged V6 producing 240 hp and 280 lb/ft of torque, driving the front wheels through a 4-speed automatic. Most GS models came standard in a two-tone color combination with a gray lower body accent. This car is finished in rarely seen Twilight Blue Metallic with the optional monotone color scheme and gray leather interior. It has covered 132,000 miles and is still a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Radwood San Francisco event participant, 2018 and 2019. 2020 vRadwood online participant.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:50 a.m.

1984 Toyota Pickup Xtra Cab (Back to the Future Tribute)

J.R. Guinto

Union City, California

Cars of the '80's & '90's (Presented by Radwood's)

I purchased this 1984 Toyota Xtracab from its original owner last August in Gold Country Ca. It was my original intention to keep things completely stock, but I couldn't fight the urge any longer and went BACK TO THE FUTURE with the build, following a complete teardown and rebuild of the engine. About 10 trips up and down the state of California was made to find the pickup and all of the period-correct parts that complement the BTTF tribute. The final piece of the puzzle and icing on the cake is the mirror-like paint job that was just completed last month.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 8:52 a.m.

Car: 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Coupe 2.0L

Owners: John and Samuel Lightstone

Proposed Class: Cars of the '80s & '90s

Details:  We are pleased to present for your consideration a survivor 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier for entry in the Cars of the '80s & '90s class.  Originally purchased at legendary Kunkleman Chevrolet in Harrisburg, PA, we are the third owners of this classic American sporty coupe with close to 250,000 miles on the odometer.  Generous amounts of rust on the rockers and in the trunk compliment the well-travelled patina of the original red paint and the gray plastic and mouse fur interior.  While a lower specification model, the interior offers such luxury features as air conditioning (not working), cassette deck with Dolby noise reduction (not working) and intermittent wipers (working).  The aggressively adequate 2.0 liter OHV engine (blown head gasket) paired with the surprisingly crisp five speed transmission allow for triple digit speeds with enough courage and a steep downhill.  The car also has a racing pedigree, having recently achieved a podium finish in class at the Susquehanna SCCA’s Dirt Therapy RallyCross. 

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
qB1W2215LtuQ8hSiUW2Z9Ciyy8FywTLa8mCpnl043jF8p2Btu4uJIKPOdiPfBShg