Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:14 a.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Classic Jaguar Class Presented by The Driven Man

This is for judge viewing only. Comments are locked at this time.

If you are trying to enter a car in this category or any other category, please go to the official entry thread to do so.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:16 a.m.

Vancouver BC; Proposed Jaguar Class and Sports and GT 1946-59. 1956 Jaguar XK140MC Drop Head Coupe. The car came from California and has never been in the rain. A ten year nut and bolt, body off restoration of a no rust oriiginal was completed for concours and road use. Many JCNA concours and show awards and the car enjoys a romp up the Sea to Sky Highway on sunny weekends. It is kept in meticulous condition and a joy to drive.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:17 a.m.

Car: 1950 XK-120 Jaguar OTS

Owner: Rusty Hansgen

Proposed Class(es): Jaguar, Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Details: The original owner special ordered this right hand drive XK-120 Jaguar OTS from a New Jersey dealership.  When his family was expanding, he traded the car in for a Mk VII Jaguar at our New Jersey dealership, Walt Hansgen Jaguar Cars in 1960.  My father, Walt Hansgen replaced the disc wheels with a set of Borrani wire wheels, installed a dual exhaust system, repainted the car in light blue silver metallic lacquer and made it his personal car.  I inherited the car in 1966.  Due to low oil pressure (later found to be a cracked crank), the car was stored for 30 years.  In 2007 I completed a two year ground up restoration to the current condition.  The car is a frequent driver.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:18 a.m.

2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Limited Edition

Owner: Carol Lingelbach

Reside in the Region of Waterloo, Ontario

Jaguar Class

I am the second owner, having imported this GT from Houston, Texas, US in 2012.  Aside from the immaculate condition , this Jaguar's true claim to fame lies with the original owner.  This would be none other than Capt. Eugene Cernan...... astronaut onboard Gemini 9, Apollo 10 and commander of Apollo 17.  His main distinction is that, up until now, he represents the last human to walk on the moon (1972).

This XKR has placed first in class in North America under Jaguar Clubs of North America concours competition at the Championship level.  In 14 individual club concours over the years, in both Canada and America, it has secured 13 firsts and 1 second.

Invitation to this Concours d'Cancellation came from Cobble Beach Concours through the entry of my husband's Jaguar XKR-S.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:19 a.m.

Car: 1965 Jaguar 3.8S

Owners: Jerry and Su Liudahl

Proposed Class: Jaguar

Supporting:  Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

‘Old Blue’ is the nick name of our original condition 1965 Jaguar 3.8S. The car occupies a very special place with us, not only because it is a tremendous motorcar, but also very sentimental reasons. We are the third owners of this car which was purchased new in Victoria, British Columbia. With just over 56,000 original miles, it is a veritable time capsule of what it would have been like to drive the car when new.  The intoxicating smell of wood, old leather and oil always puts a smile on my face! Purchased two years ago from the estate of a dear friend and imported into the USA, after being refreshed, it has won concours in the Preservation Class of Jaguar Clubs of North America concours and is driven to car shows throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:22 a.m.

Car: 1971 Jaguar E-Type/XKE Series II FHC

Owners: Doug & Francesca Ehmann

Proposed Classes:

• Jaguar
  • Sports & GT Cars (1970-1980)

Details: Retiring from a 30-year business career, I was looking for a ‘project’.  I found this pile of parts on eBay.  The ten-year DIY restoration and reassembly project was a fun and interesting learning experience.  [All most] every minute was a pleasure.  My total labor hours: 2,340.  It’s a joy to drive.  I look forward to the end of the pandemic to take it to live shows!  Thanks for this virtual show, and your consideration of this entry.

What I bought on eBay - a stripped body, stored outside for 22 years, and 

what I bought on eBay - a pile of parts!

Body work and rust repair was the first step.

The finished body was primed.

Work on components began.  Here's the finished Independent Rear Suspension.

Wiring was a big job.  There are six major wiring harnesses ("looms").  Luckily, I'm not color-blind.

Rebuilding the engine and engine compartment was a major task.

Here's the rear suspension installed.

The engine started easily, and the first test drive went well!

For me, the most difficult part of the restoration was the interior.

Trim was replated, and replaced if necessary.  Reproduction parts were difficult to fit.

The car is finished!  A ten-year project.  It drives well!

Wrapped up, and waiting for the next drive!

Thanks for considering this entry.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:23 a.m.

1955 JAGUAR XK 140- FHC- SE/MC

Geoffrey Horton

Sonora Ca

Proposed class: Jaguar

Born:                                     September 21, 1955

Dispatched:                         October 4, 1955

Model:                                 Jaguar 3.4L  XK140-FHC-SE-MC, Old English white/ Red leather interior   

Special Equipment:           Includes “wire wheels” - “ Lucas Ft 576 fog lamps” 

Extras:                                 “C” head, “dual exhaust” and “Overdrive”

Main Distributor:              Charles Hornburg of Los Angeles

First Owner:                       Evelyn Miller, 1956 N. Alexandra, Los Angeles, CA

Second None Owner:       Bob Baker, P.O. Box 54, Volcano, CA, 95689,  1964 to 1982

Mr. Baker drove the XK 140 for 5 years, then stored the car in his barn from

1969 to 1982.  Vehicle stored mileage  65,570. 

Third Owner: BARN FIND

1982, Geoffrey & Gayle Horton, 15885 Avenida Del Sol, Sonora, CA

I answered a classified ad in SF Chronicle “Jaguar 1957 XK-140-MC $3,000.00”.

Jaguar was stored in a barn for 13 years in Volcano, Ca. Barn rats had taken

over the entire vehicle. They had consumed the interior and were living inside              

the engine block. Engine freeze plugs were missing which provided a nice 

shelter for their nest. Seller assured me the car ran fine before he put it into 

storage. A four year body off restoration began.

In March 2007, registered XK 140 with “Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust” Certificate # 11418, w/ matching numbers. Present mileage by now was 65,720. Confirmed the JAGUAR was a 1955 vintage not “1957”.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:24 a.m.
  • Car: 1958 Jaguar XK150 drop-head Coupe.
  • Owner(s): James Sprague
  • Proposed Class(es)Jaguar, Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)
  • Details: 3.4 liter 6 cylinder. Former Martha’s Vineyard car. Extensively restored after purchase in 2015. 
  • Representing: The Old Town Festival of Speed & Style

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
Q4vvkzouZg5OMi2qaS3ZaNjHtxUfu77wZ5rVuZhJkmLp4D3f0LSxSgzQZ9g9rxEh