Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 9:53 a.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Micro Car Class Presented by The Lane Motor Museum

This is for judge viewing only. Comments are locked at this time.

If you are trying to enter a car in this category or any other category, please go to the official entry thread to do so.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:05 a.m.

1957 BMW Isetta 300 "Spirit of LeMans"

Edward Owen

Garaged in Waltham, MA at European Auto Solutions

Micro Cars Class

Have wanted an Isetta for many years, as the car that saved BMW.  Bought this car from the Tupelo Auto Museum at the Bonhams' sale of the Frank K. Spain collection in 2019. Chassis number 423609 is a matching numbers, US delivery car that features the "Bubble Window" and the Z-Bar trim. It needed more work than we anticipated including extensive bodywork. Having a blank canvas to work with, I was inspired by a Ford GT Heritage Edition on our annual trip to Scottsdale.  We finished a complete mechanical and cosmetic restoration, using the the color codes from a 2006 Ford GT, this last Septmber.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:06 a.m.

1957 BMW Isetta 300 “California” Tropical Deluxe

Owners. Mike & Sue Cook

Location. Roswell, Georgia.

Class. Micro cars

Manufactured in August 1957, imported New York 9th November, delivered probably to Alpine Motors, Van Ness Blvd, San Francisco, registered January, later Columbus, Ohio, finally Alpharetta, Georgia.

Having been abandoned for 43 years in a lean-to, the affectionately named ‘IZZY’ was battered and bruised.

A matching numbers car & with valuable advice & guidance from Werner Schwark at Isettas R Us I decided that the mission was to save and restore her to her original condition. Engine, transmission, clutch rebuilt. All mechanicals, brakes, steering, electrics, interior all replaced or repaired. Shiny bits re-chromed.

Original dual colors for 1957, codes 549 Feiderweis over 311 Japanrot.

The many, many hours spent over 2 ½ years in a 2 car garage were pure enjoyment & satisfaction.

Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance.

I had a lot of trouble loading the video. link incl below. If that does not work I would appreciate if you went to youtube & typed ...1957 BMW Isetta 300 "IZZY" Mike Cook.

hhtps//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sviWNCFUZE 

HILTON HEAD ISLAND CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:08 a.m.

1957 Messerschmitt KR201 Roadster

Owner: Jim Garbo

Franksville, Wisconsin 

Class: Microcars

1957 Messerschmitt KR201 Roadster

This Messerschmitt KR201 serial number 65766 was manufactured in August 1957 in Regensburg, Germany and is one of about 32 that were exported to the U.S.A. and Canada. 
The total production for the KR201 roadster was about 450 vehicles worldwide, and is the  lowest production 3 wheel model produced in the 9 years Messerschmitt cars were manufactured. (1955-1964) 

This example is one of the lowest mileage KR201 roadsters known, with only 2,720 original miles. Once owned by the nationally recognized animal trainer Orin Benson, the car was neglected and put in storage for many years. It was purchased by the current owner in 2009, in 2013 a comprehensive factory correct restoration was performed by "The 'Schmitt Haus". All body and mechanical components were completely restored, the original hardware was returned to factory correct finish. Paint colors and finishes were duplicated to factory standards both interior and exterior. The folding roadster top was replicated in every detail including stitching and plating on the folding steel frame. All the original “201” specific features were retained as well as the KR201 specific black interior with red piping and "snakeskin" accents.
Since restoration this Messerschmitt has been displayed at selected Concours d’Elegance events in the United States and Canada.

1957 Messerschmitt KR201 Concours History 
•    2019 Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance (Ont. Canada) Best in Class
•    2016 Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance Best in Class
•    2014 Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance  (Ont. Canada) Best in Class
•    2013 Barrington Concours d’Elegance- Spirit of Buddy Pulumbo Award
•    2013 Celebration of the Automobile Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 3rd place
•    2011 Geneva Concours d’Elegance- Best in Class

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:09 a.m.

Car: 1974 TVE (Teilhol Véhicules Electrique) Citadine
Owner: Jeff Lane
Proposed Class: Micro Cars

Details:

TVE released its first production model in 1972 with the three-wheeled Citadine electric car. The Citadine’s exterior design was inspired by earlier “bubble cars’ like BMW’s Isetta, although its front-opening door was hinged at the top. Like the Isetta, this was intended to ease entry and exit from the vehicle directly onto the curb.

The Citadine utilized a fiberglass body and tubular frame, a very minimalist car, and intended only for use in urban environments. Only around 30 Citadines were produced, but it established a base chassis on which to develop other TVE models such as the Messagette.

Check out our Video!!

https://youtu.be/bARLXjSQPg0

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:10 a.m.

Vehicle: 1950 Crosley Super Hotshot

Owners: Debra and David Anspach

Proposed Class:  Microcars

Dave introduced his new wife Deb to his car hobby by taking her to the 2016 Crosley National show where she fell in love with Crosley Roadsters.  He found a very rare (app 100 made , 12 known to exist) Hotshot Super to restore for her resting in the garage of its original owner.  It was named Amelia (with great aspirations) on the trip home as they passed the exit on I95. The car received a 2 year at home, by owners restoration completed in Spring 2020.  She was awared her AACA 1st Junior award in Miami this year and was shown in the 2020 Amelia Island Concours. 

2020 Gasparilla Concours Accepted Participant

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:12 a.m.

1964 Austin Cooper S

Andrew & Janelle Krueger

Summerfield, NC

Micro cars

This 1964 Austin Cooper S is the last 1071cc engine Cooper S built. There were 2,135 Austins manufactured. By 1980 this car was featured in Autoweek Magazine as the cover story comparing the Cooper S to the latest hatchback, the VW Rabbit. We found this car languishing in a garage in NC and fully restored it to its original production specification, look, and feel (see Heritage certificate in photos). NOS parts were used when available and all proper weld points recreated in the exact position for any body repair. Correct and refurbished OEM hardware was retained including correct cylinder head bolt head markings. In addition, proper stenciling was used to create factory markings on the areas such as the fan belt, heater, oil cooler, sub-frames, and suspension parts (see pictures).

This is the only Austin Cooper S accepted into the Quail Lodge Car Show (2016), was First in Class at Hilton Head Concours in 2017 and First in Class in Carmel By the Sea in 2018. Go to these You Tube sites for more sights and sounds of the Austin Cooper S!

https://youtu.be/3zKymm0Q5PE

https://youtu.be/MYy0vGMLK7M

https://youtu.be/oqYFyK_QgAQ

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/1/20 10:12 a.m.

Car: 1964 Citroën Deux Chevaux (2CV) Spécial

Owners: John Wallace

Proposed Class: Micro Cars

Details: This 2CV was purchased on the internet in 1999 (kinda scary back then) from a collector in southern California, I was living in Michigan at the time, so it was a long trek to pick up a car. 

It was a complete car, but lacking any personality, pizzazz or life. Over the past 20 plus years I have worked, bit by bit, to make this drab lifeless “Duck” into a respectable show worthy “Duck”. 

Many upgrades, repairs, and modifications, both big and small have been performed to capture the spirit and vision I have for the car. It’s not just a car, it’s a way of life. 

This car is not 100 % original in the purest form of the word, but is in the spirit of the word. The simplicity, relative ease of repairs and modification by the 2CV owners, made the 2CV subject to many upgrades and changes. 

From the whimsical to job specific changes the 2CV has been found in many different and unusual configurations worldwide. I too have followed in this spirit of change and modification to mold this 2CV into my vision and fit my needs.

I was invited to submit my entry by the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance folks.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
85Nz5F0XsXzjX5mlAxxUAnpGAMNLJ3uyHabDjz63clpMKkQyv6dOpqGdZHW6Z2ET