1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/28/20 5:07 a.m.

Car: Hall-Scott

OWNERS: Dick and Marilde DeLuna

Proposed Class : Race Cars, Prewar

Representing the Ironstone Concours d' Elegance

Details: more than 100 years ago Colonel Albert J.Hall was designing a car for the 1917 Vanderbilt Cup Race .The car based on the Model A-7-A ,an aircraft engine of 9.9 Liters, 125 HP, redline @1200rpm and 420 ft- lbs of torque.

The all aluminum engine was to be married with an all aluminum body and set on a 1917 Rio chassis. With the cancellation of the 1917 race, due to world war one, and the need for the hall scott company to produce aircraft engines the project was shelved. We resurrected the construction in the middle 90s with the help of his nephew Jay Eitel and master builder Tom Batchelor.

The Hall-Scott has raced for many years at the Monterey Historics, Goodwood, The Wine Classics and many other venues also shown at Concorso’s such as Hillsborough Concourse, Pebble Beach concourse and featured at Ironstone Concours.

Dirk
Dirk
10/28/20 11:33 a.m.

Car: 1974 BMW 2002tii

Owner: Dirk M. Van Doren

Proposed Classes: Preservation Class and Classic BMWs (1929-1991)

Details: The car was born on July 22, 1974 as Inka Oranje with 4-speed manual, sunroof, and dealer installed air conditioning. It spend most of its life in Seattle, WA. I purchased Oranje in 2013 from the first California owner as a result of his divorce. Maintenance involved was to improve reliability and fix some blemishes. The repairs were fine-tuning the Kuglefisher fuel injector, valves, muffler, windshield, body trim, battery, steel wheels, and radio with Bluetooth for hands free calling. Oranje is a numbers-matching survivor, not a trailer queen. I plan to keep enjoying 3 pedal BMW driving.

The car participated in the BMW CCA Foundation ICON - 50 years of the 2002 exhibit 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/28/20 12:03 p.m.

1968 BMW 1600GT

Owner: Dale Critz Jr

Savannah, Ga.

Class: GT Cars 1960 to 1969

Hans Glas GmbH was a German manufacturer founded in 1963. In 1967 they were acquired by BMW. They fitted the Glas 1600GT with the 1573 cc BMW engine and used their new round tail lights along with new front grill to form the BMW 1600GT.
This car was acquired from the estate of a prominent BMWCCCA member earlier this year. Several years ago, it went through a meticulous restoration in Pilsen, Czech Republic, the foremost expert in these type of cars. It has since won many awards in major concours' in the U S.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/28/20 12:11 p.m.

1953 Morgan Plus 4 DHC

Russel Deveseo

Colden, NY

THIS 1953 MORGAN PLUS 4 FLAT RAD, DROP HEAD COUPE WAS HAND BUILT BY THE

MORGAN MOTOR COMPANY OF ENGLAND. THERE WERE ONLY 29 OF THIS MODEL

PRODUCED IN 1953 AND THIS IS 1 OF 9 PRODUCED WITH LEFT HAND STEERING FOR

EXPORT TO NORTH AMERICA.

IT HAS THE ORIGINAL VANGUARD / SINGLE SOLEX ENGINE AND ALL MATCHING

NUMBERS.

THE ORIGINAL DISTRIBUTER WAS USED TO PRODUCE ELECTRONIC IGNITION AND THE

ORIGINAL TWO 6 VOLT BATTERIES WERE REPLACED WITH A 12 VOLT BATTERY.

THE ORIGINAL ASH WOOD COACH FRAME DESINAGRATED, AND WAS REPLACED,

USING THE SAME KIND OF ASH WOOD SO THE CAR COULD BE SAVED. THE INTERIOR

SEATS AND TOP WERE ALSO DESTROYED AND HAD TO BE REPLACED, USING FINE

LEATHER FOR THE SEATS AND HIGH QUALITY CLOTH FOR THE TOP.

EVERY OTHER PART; ENGINE, GEAR BOX AND ALL BODY PARTS IN THE CAR ARE

ORIGINAL.

A BUFFALO, NEW YORK JUNK YARD FIND IN 1971 AND BY USING THE COMMISSION

NUMBER, RESEARCH UNCOVERED THAT THE CAR WAS RECEIVED IN THE PORT OF

NEW YORK BY FERGUS MOTORS AND SUBSEQUENTLY SHIPPED TO CAVALIER MOTORS

OF CALIFORNIA FOR RESALE. IT IS UNKNOWN HOW IT MADE ITS WAY BACK TO NEW

YORK STATE SOMETIME IN THE SIXTIES AND THEN TO A JUNK YARD IN BOXES AND

PIECES UNTIL DISCOVERED BY RUSS DEVESO OF COLDEN, NEW YORK IN 1971.

Bmichael47
Bmichael47
10/28/20 2:56 p.m.

Car: 1972 Triumph TR6

Owners: Bill and Gayle Michael

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1970-1980)

It was a warm summer day and my wife and I were sitting in our sunroom. I said, “Gayle, I've decided to have a mid-life crisis. What do you want me to get; another woman or a sports car”. Thankfully, she said “get a sports car”. Thus began a wonderful journey.

I found a local 1972 Triumph TR6. I drove it for about a year and then realized that it really needed to be restored. I disassembled the car and began with a bare frame. I had it powder coated I then began sand blasting and painting parts and began putting them back on the car. The engine and rolling chassis we to Mike Gassman of Gassman automotive in Waynesboro, VA. Mike rebuilt the engine with Richard Good's 3 carburetor setup, a GP2 cam, and 1.6:1 roller rockers as well as Herman van den Akker's 5 speed transmission conversion. The body work and paint was done by a local shop that specialized in restoring vintage cars. They painted it Inferno Red Pearl from Chrysler and that's been a big hit at the car shows. While all this was going on I was preparing everything else to go back on the car. I got some Miata seats and fabricated a black walnut Russian burl dash that I modified with an extra gauge. Certainly more work than this was done, such as competition springs, disc brake conversion and Wilwood brakes. About 12 years passed before the car was roadworthy.

The car has been a show winner ever since at both local and regional car shows.

haigsv1112
haigsv1112
10/28/20 3:29 p.m.

Car:  1939 Ford Business Coupe

Owner:  Steven Haigler

Propsed Class (American Antique 1932-1948

Description:  This iconic 1939 Ford coupe is a 2 seater business model.  Having an extra large trunk area the business coupe was ideal and preferred by traveling salesmen since they could carry the wares/products to sales calls.  The original build was completed in Canada in the early 1990's.  More recently the car was in Arizona and Texas.  There are several unique features which preserve the integrity of the original manufacturing beauty .... to preserve the dash and passenger leg room the air conditioning evaporator and blower is in the trunk and the vents are mounted on the rear deck. Color is Jefferson Blue.  2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance accepted participant.  Unfortunately I am having trouble loading pictures.  

BillingsR
BillingsR
10/28/20 4:35 p.m.

Car: 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2

Owners: Roy Billings and Mary Jane Moran for 54 Years

Proposed Classes: Sports & GT Cars (1960-1969) or American Muscle Cars ( 1953-1979)

Details: We are the second owners having purchased the car in 1966. Restored at 285,000 miles after being driven daily until 2004.

This Supercharged, Standard Production, all Fiberglass, 289 cu in. 8 Cylinder Car, is basically the same car in which Andy Granatelli, set 29 New National Stock Car Records in 12 hours on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

The Speed attained was 178.5 MPH. At that time it was the worlds Fastest Production Car. The Avanti was designed in six weeks by Raymond Loewry at the request of Sherwood Egbert, who had been President of the Studebaker-Packard Corp. for only 2 months, before asking Loewry to design the Avanti.

The first car came off the  asssembly line  approximaetly 18 months after first inception.

This vehicle has all matched serial numbers from its production work order and was restored using almost all the original parts to a 100% factory correct condition.

All Disassembly and Reassembly was accomplished by the owners over a period of 10 years at their home.

MrMookster
MrMookster New Reader
10/28/20 6:02 p.m.

1988 Plymouth Gran Fury

Third Owner: Xavier Paul

Harford County, Maryland

Daily Driven 

submitted for the "Cars of the 80's and 90's category

Details: Vehicle is a 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury with a stock 318 V8 engine with lean burn computer and just over 61K original miles. its dark maroon with red interior an no AC. 

My Father had an obsession with the M body line of cars following his service with the Police Dept amounting in a total of 4 cars at one point. he passed the obsession on to me and it has been my lifelong dream to own an M body Chrysler as my first car. Unfortunantly his cars had deteriorated over the years from being daily driven and no longer ran so i turned to finding one of my own. I purchased this car from Youtube user "East Coast Classics" and i have been sorting out the cars issues ever since like its lean burn computer and stalling. over all the car has been a great daily and a great first car. 

rpapy
rpapy New Reader
10/28/20 6:14 p.m.
  • 1979 Porsche 930 Turbo

Owner:  Richard Papy

Class:  Porsche

This very special Porsche 930 was part of Porsche's Special Wishes Program.  The color is Talbot Yellow with interior to match.  The seats, door cards, and shift boot are yellow leather along with matching yellow carpet.  It also has the rare 'Turbo' graphics decal that was an option in the 70's.  It's truly one of a kind.  In 2018 it won the Porsche USA Corporate Award at Werks Reunion at Amelia Island and gets major attention where ever it goes.  It has matching numbers 3.3 litre motor and transmission.  Parts of it have been restored and some are original but has not been modified in any way from the original configuration.

dbower
dbower New Reader
10/28/20 8:37 p.m.

Car:  1972 BMW 2002 Baur Targa Cabriolet

Owners:  Julie and Don Bower

Proposed Class:  Classic BMWs

Details:  BMW contracted with Karosserie Baur of Stuttgart to build its open-top full (1968-71) and targa (1971-75) cabriolets, totalling 2,317 targas.  Each was built to order and sold new through BMW dealers in Europe but never officially imported into the US.  This car was built September 27, 1972 and sold new at Autohaus Gerhard Schneider (GS Tuning) in Freiburg, Germany to a buyer in Milan, Italy, where it remained until we bought the car in January 2017, imported it to the US, and undertook a major refurbishment.  The car has accumulated only 87,000 miles.  It sports its original color (Schwarz), engine, interior, and Milan license plates, along with period Borrani wheels, Pirelli CN36 tires, and Petri steering wheel.  It was featured in the BMWCCA Foundation "ICON" museum exhibit in 2018 and has earned awards at the Hilton Head Island, Atlanta, Euro Autofest and Autolawn concours.  We drive it regularly all over the southeastern US.

racingali
racingali New Reader
10/29/20 1:06 a.m.

Car: 1971 BMW 2002

Owner: Ali Javidan

Proposed Class: Classic BMWs (1929-1991)

Details: I have owned this car for 23 years and began a 3 year restoration in 2014. The goal was to build a car that is exciting to drive in the canyons and exciting to look at. The car is packed with lots of period correct authentic BMW Motorsport and Alpina bits, but this car came together as so much more than the sum of its parts. In 2018 this BMW was selected to be on display at the BMW CCA Foundation Museaum to be part of the ICON display. Later in the year this car was featured on Petrolicious and Speed Hunters, it also made the rounds during Monterey Car Week. It was featured at the Concourse on the Avenue, on display at the Jet Center party, and won its class at the Legends of the Autobahn event as well as the coveted "Peoples Choice" award. And my girls think its the coolest :)

skuhne
skuhne New Reader
10/29/20 6:21 a.m.

1970 Porsche 914-6  - European Delivery

Owners: Scott Kuhne

Phoenix, AZ

Class: Porsche

This Porsche 914-6 was originally delivered in Europe and brought over to the USA in the late 70's. After arriving it was mostly used for weekend track days. After a small fender bender the car was parked in the late 70's where it sat partially disassembled for 38 years. Discovered parked in the back of a repair shop in Southern California I acquired the car and then set out on a 4 year full restoration. The car was completely taken apart and every component painstakingly restored and then reassembled. This numbers matching 20,000 kilometer vehicle looks and drives like new.

skuhne
skuhne New Reader
10/29/20 6:33 a.m.

In reply to CaptMack :

Upload one at a time, then repeat.

thross
thross New Reader
10/29/20 6:38 a.m.

1937 Bugatti Type 57G “Tank”

Simeone Foundation Museum

Philadelphia, PA

For the Radnor Hunt Concours

Race cars Pre-War

This is the only surviving of three 57G’s and the only existing Bugatti sports car to win a major race, the 1937 Le Mans. In June 1936 the Automobile Club of France allowed the participation of “Grand Touring Cars” which was their definition of a sports cars. Bugatti designed a special racing type 57S engine with a lighter crankshaft and with an unusual streamlined all enveloping body which was called the 57G and dubbed the “Tank”. During WWII because of concerns the Germans might confiscate it, Bugatti removed it from the Molsheim Museum and hid it in Bordeaux. It was later restored at the factory and eventually imported to the USA in 1961 by Gene Cesari. It was owned by Philadelphia area collectors Jerry Sherman and Stephen Pitcairn and eventually acquired by the Museum through an international three way swap, and now holds a place of honor in the Museum’s Winner’s Circle. It has raced up the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and won an award on the lawn at Pebble Beach.

gpcp1
gpcp1 New Reader
10/29/20 8:43 a.m.

Car: 1992 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Owners: Tim and Amy McNair

Class: Cars of the 80's and 90's

Purchased the car last year. Originally delivered to Japan, then Canada, North Carolina and finally traded in at Aston Martin NE. Extensive mechanicla improvements, new suspension, 1552 wheels, new tires, Factory carbon fiber rear wing, Group N exhaust. Upgraded stereo, Carbon Momo Cavallino steering wheel, short shift kit. Cleaned up and detailed. Driven as much as possible.

ryosuke
ryosuke
10/29/20 12:08 p.m.

1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL

Mark Smith

Kingsville Maryland

Cars of the '80s & '90s

This is my 1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL 5speed coupe, finished in Saphire Blue Metallic with a gray cloth interior. I was fortunate enough to purchase this vehicle from the original owner with just under 35,000 miles. The car was initially ordered as a "demo" car for Schaefer & Strohminger Mazda in Baltimore Maryland, that being said it's an extremely well optioned 1986 FC RX-7. Factory options include power sunroof, factory radio with equalizer, and push button adjustable sport suspension. Gary the original owner traded in his 1980 FB RX-7 for this car in late 1986. He drove it sparingly in the 33 years he owned it, his quaint waterfront home off the Chesapeake Bay housed this car for those 33 years. The Mazda was always kept right in the middle of the two car de-attached garage on his property never exposed to Maryland winter.  I bought this car from Gary in mid 2019. One of the first upgrades was installing later Mazda BBS RZ wheels on the RX-7. This really amplified the look of the vehicle, though its not the much sought after Turbo model aesthetically it's just right for me. Since then I've put an additional 2,000 miles on the car and was gearing up for Radwood Philadelphia 2020, which was something I genuinely was looking forward to since I purchased this RX-7. Nontheless here are the photos, I hope they do the car justice! 

ShawnMiller
ShawnMiller New Reader
10/29/20 12:38 p.m.

1935 Lincoln K 7 Passenger Sedan

Shawn Miller

Indianapolis, IN 

Preservation Class

"Nessie" is so named due to her longest term caretaker recently-Jeff Locke of Virginia, who unfortunately passed away a few years back. Jeff was an auto appraiser and helped form the Colionial Region of the CCCA. Not having a CCCA car, a local  club member sold him the car quite reasonably so he would have one-but it had not run in many years.  The car has a known history back to new having been delivered new to an industrialist in the Rochester NY Area. The car remained there until aquired by Jeff's friends father, who stored it but never worked on it.   After acquiring the car, Jeff had the car restored mechanically but left it as it was cosmetically, other than applying some sealer to keep the remaining paint in place.  Jeff and his wife Pat toured the car pretty extensively, and the car got this nickname-which is short for Lock Ness Monster-due to the massive size of the car and Jeff's last name. Upon Jeffs passing the car was sold to Walter Miller of Syracuse NY who appreciated unrestored cars. Walter passed away last year, and I purchased the car from his estate. I plan on doing nothing to the car other than installing a new set of tires and driving the hell out of it. It runs and drives quite well.         

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/29/20 12:50 p.m.

In reply to ShawnMiller :

Sounds like an amazing car, but I don't see any pictures. If you cannot post them, email them to me at tim@classicmotorsports.com and I will get them posted.

BillGluth
BillGluth New Reader
10/29/20 1:03 p.m.

https://youtu.be/EE4FoXabYzQ

1928 Packard Roadster 443

Bill and Bettye Gluth

Kingston Washington

Preservation Class

Packard Club roster has this car as the last unrestored original production 1928 443 Roadster still being family-used. Don Klusman, officer in CCCA many years previous, discovered her in New Jersey, shipped to West Coast. Purchased with 17,000 miles, we’ve added 14,000 miles without trailering in the wine country of central British Columbia and the signature mountains of western Washington. Features: external oil introduction tube to cylinders at time of starting; functional cigar lighter; compressor on transmission PTO; originally laced leather spring covers and rumble seat upholstery; Super 8 385 CID; alternate disc wheels may be seen on film "This Car Matters..." produced while competing at Pebble Beach.

dpblues2000
dpblues2000 New Reader
10/29/20 1:17 p.m.

1957 BMW Isetta 300 "Spirit of LeMans"

Edward Owen

Garaged in Waltham, MA at European Auto Solutions

Micro Cars Class

Have wanted an Isetta for many years, as the car that saved BMW.  Bought this car from the Tupelo Auto Museum at the Bonhams' sale of the Frank K. Spain collection in 2019. Chassis number 423609 is a matching numbers, US delivery car that features the "Bubble Window" and the Z-Bar trim. It needed more work than we anticipated including extensive bodywork. Having a blank canvas to work with, I was inspired by a Ford GT Heritage Edition on our annual trip to Scottsdale.  We finished a complete mechanical and cosmetic restoration, using the the color codes from a 2006 Ford GT, this last Septmber.

devildawg712
devildawg712 New Reader
10/29/20 2:45 p.m.

1984 Toyota Pickup Xtra Cab (Back to the Future Tribute)

J.R. Guinto

Union City, California

Cars of the '80's & '90's (Presented by Radwood's)

I purchased this 1984 Toyota Xtracab from its original owner last August in Gold Country Ca. It was my original intention to keep things completely stock, but I couldn't fight the urge any longer and went BACK TO THE FUTURE with the build, following a complete teardown and rebuild of the engine. About 10 trips up and down the state of California was made to find the pickup and all of the period-correct parts that complement the BTTF tribute. The final piece of the puzzle and icing on the cake is the mirror-like paint job that was just completed last month.

_heimer_schmidt
_heimer_schmidt None
10/29/20 3:08 p.m.

Car: 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE

Owner: Jake Mays

Proposed Class: Cars of the '80s & '90s

Details: This W124 wagon was located on eBay in Vernon, New York. The seller had purchased it for his collection and enjoyed it for a couple years and decided to part ways for a new adventure.

This car is completely original and was meticulously maintained by its 3 previous owners. It showcases the era that is argued to be Mercedes-Benz' best in terms of build quality and timeless design. It's been to numerous events in and around the Mid-Atlantic region and with 183,000 miles currently on the odometer, this utilitarian Teutonic machine is only just broken-in. 

tomcotter
tomcotter New Reader
10/29/20 4:06 p.m.

1953 Ford Ranch Wagon

Tom & Pat Cotter 

Davidson, NC 

Proposed class: At The Beach

I bought the car in 1972 when I was a high school senior because: 1.) the two-door wagon was so cool, and, 2.) it was cheap... $85.  I am the third owner.  It was originally destined for German export; the speedometer is in kilometers.  It was my surf wagon that I drove to college and my early jobs before being stored. I was always tempted to modify the wagon with a modern drivetrain, but restored it about 25 years ago with it's original six cylinder and three-speed overddrive trans.

Photos by Michael Alan Ross 

Colin W. G
Colin W. G New Reader
10/29/20 4:28 p.m.
Car: 1970 Datsun 240Z
Owner: Colin W. Gentle
Class: Sports & GT Cars (1970-1980)

DATSUN 1970 240Z
HLS 002483 - BUILD DATE 3/70
Originally delivered to the first owner at Trocelli Motors in Alanta GA.
The Z was driven sparingly by the first owner, then it was parked in a barn for a number of years. The Z then passed through a couple of Datsun enthusiasts hands before being bought by Tim Suddard of Classic Motorsports Magazine. "Classic Motorsports’ project mission was to refresh a very original barn car find. In fact, the Z still sports its original yellow paint. Suspension, interior, motor, and transmission were all refreshed/upgraded on the project. Amazingly, the history of this car is well preserved from the very first owner. It still has the Datsun warranty card, warranty book, owner’s manual, and radio manual.
Now maintained and driven, the Z delivers incredible performance.
"Enjoy the Ride"
Original Technical Specifications*:
In-line 6 Cylinder 150 HP @ 6,000RPM - Displacement 2,3934cc - 4 speed transmission
Weight 2,355 lbs. - Top Speed 125mph - 0-60 mph 8.7 secs.
* Engine and Transmission now modified
Last September I was invited and displayed at the Hemmings 2019 Datsun Z 50th Anniversary Concours at Lake George September 2019. One of 16 Datsun/Nissan's to be invited.
The Z was also invited to the 2020 Lime Rock Park Historics, Sunday in The Park Concours for the Datsun 50th anniversary, however due to Covid I declined.
Just won Best Z at the Classic Motorsports Magazine Virtual Monterey Cruise In 2020.

RODS OF THE VALLEY
RODS OF THE VALLEY
10/29/20 5:36 p.m.

1932 Cadillac 355B Convertible Coupe

Rodney Dahlgren Napa, California

1932 to 1948 American Antique

This 1932 Cadillac Convertible Coupe is the model 355B. The 355 V8 series cars share the same 134" wheelbase chassis and Fisher body as the 370B V12 Convertible Coupe model.  This car received an extensive restoration some years ago, but has not been driven other than to local events. The car was restored by Ted Dalhberg and copious notes were made by him during the restoration. It has graced the cover of the Cadillac LaSalle Club publication "The Self Starter" and has been shown at the Silverado Resort in Napa in 2019 receiving a 3rd in class award.  

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qf2atEUzBtmL0s6hZCKwoFDRBH0VL8vTwbYoFs8XZYGWHxLwcNV3sJnS8FBNyZic