Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
10/28/20 2:49 p.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Greatest Super Cars Class - Presented by Griot's Garage 

Comments are locked at this time.

Nicole Suddard
10/29/20 3:54 p.m.

Vehicle: 1919 Indian Powerplus

Owner: Dave Destler

Class: Vintage Motorcycles (Pre-1980)

Details: This 1919 Indian Powerplus, featuring the optional Cradle Spring Frame, was on display in semi-restored condition at Otis Chandler’s Vintage Museum of Transportation and Wildlife until 1997. After purchase from Chandler, i

completely dismantled and accurately restored by Mike Doom of MD Cycles in Canoga Park, CA. It was test-run after completion, then drained of fluids and displayed at many concours event, winning numerous Best in Show and Best in Class awards over the years. All sheetmetal and other parts are original to this machine (other than engine bearings and rings), with no reproduction components. All nickel-plating is correct per factory original. The "Indian Red" hue is per original factory formula.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J3iuEwMVKU

Photos: 

Nicole Suddard
10/29/20 4:10 p.m.

Vehicle: 1954 BSA C10L 250cc Sidevalve

Details: Extremely sympathetic restoration to original considering the model's rather pedestrian provenance and market value. A labour of love by someone that I happened upon and acquired for my collection. I had the engine and gearbox stripped and refreshed with new gaskets, top end rings, etc., as it weeped a bit of oil when ridden and the compression was slightly down. Now starts first kick and runs like a British watch!?

Original down to the every component, sheet metal part, carburettor, control, ignition key, etc.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3U2yOOzIqA

Photos: 

Nicole Suddard
10/29/20 4:15 p.m.

Vehicle: 1950 Sunbeam S7 Deluxe

Details: A completely restored, original example of the low-production Sunbeam S7 Deluxe, which might have been BSA's postwar range-topper, as they bought the Sunbeam marque and hoped to have this be the new BSA. They went with the parallel twin A7 500 (and A10 650) instead, and the inline twin 500cc Sunbeam was a standalone marque under the BSA umbrella.

As a rubber-mounted 500cc inline OHC twin with shaft drive and styled after the BMW R75, it was ahead of its time in many ways. Available in either Mist Green or Black, the green was the definitive colour for this machine and establishes it as one of history's unmistakable classics.

Shows in 2019:

All British Ride, Hansen Dam (1000 motorcycles): People's Choice

The Californian Concours, Santa Anita Park: Best in Show

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride, SLO: People's Choice

Photos: 

Nicole Suddard
10/29/20 4:24 p.m.

Vehicle: 1968 BMW R-69S

Owner: Somer Hooker

Details: A friend acquired this bike in the early 80's. After that time it changed hands 3 times, always among people I knew. Finally one guy got it and wanted to repaint it white. Being into preservation, I was horrified as this had such nice original paint. I went out and found him one in white that was over restored. I've had numerous old BMWs over the years and had some nice accessoires on the shelf. They were installed on this as a "Gentleman's Sport Tourer" so to speak. The quarter fairing is known as a Renne fairing. It is aluminum. The mufflers are Hoske; a popular German accessory manufacturer. The saddle bags are by Bowman. Bowman was a popular aftermarket accessory manufacturer in California. Only one other set has ever surfaced. The bike is a triple matching number bike and rthe rims are OEM BMW. 

Photos: 

Nicole Suddard
10/29/20 4:33 p.m.

Vehicle: 1952 Vincent Touring Rapide

Owner: Gene Brown

Details: MY 1952 VINCENT TOURING RAPIDE IS A GROUND UP RESTORATION PROJECT TAKING 3 1/2 YEARS AFTER THIS VINCENT HAD BEEN UNDER A TARP NEAR ATLANTA, GA, FOR 40 + YEARS. IT IS A  COMPLETELY MATCHING NUMBERS BIKE : ENGINE, FRAMES AND CRANKCASES AS IT WAS WHEN MANUFACTURED @ VINCENT PLANT IN STEVENAGE , U.K. SINCE 2016 MY BIKE HAS BEEN SHOWN IN AL,FL,SC,SD,IL,KY,PA,CO,NE, NM,CA,IN, WV  AND OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO,CANADA.THE VINCENT WAS AWARDED A 100 POINT, "WINNERS CIRCLE" DESIGNATION @AMCA EVENT IN OMAHA,NE, FEBRUARY 2018----100 POINTS REQUIRES APPROVAL OF 5 DIFFERENT JUDGES."HELLBOY" AS THE BIKE IS KNOWN ON THE SHOW CIRCUIT HAS WON 25 SUCH "BEST IN CLASS" AND/OR "BEST IN SHOWS" AWARDS SINCE 2016 GENE BROWN, DENVER, CO

Photos: 

Nicole Suddard
10/30/20 9:01 a.m.

Vehicle: 1958 Zundapp R203 Bella Scooter

Owner: Patty Schwarze 

Details: German manufacturer Zündapp made scooters from 1953 to 1964. Approximately 130,000 Bella scooters were sold with one of two engine sizes:  150cc or 198cc. This bike has a single cylinder, 198cc two stroke motor, four speeds and is capable of speeds up to 58mph. 

The 12-inch cast aluminum wheels and Earles-type leading link fork, with a shock absorber on the left side, made for a much smooter ride than many other popular scooters of the time. The scooter came equipped with electric start, powered by two 6 V batteries.  Passenger foot rests hinge up, into the body of the bike, when not in use.

This bike was restored to its orignal metalic blue here in the US after being imported from Sweden.

Photos: 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/4/20 4:57 p.m.

Vehicle:                                1934 Moto Guzzi GT 16

Owner:                                 Mark Leonard

Proposed Class(e)s:        Vintage Motorcycles

Details:                                                

One of 754 produced. Moto Guzzi Factory Certificate of Origin shows this matching numbers GT16 was built in 1934. Displayed with eight other Moto Guzzis at The Quail Motorsports Gathering showing the evolution of the Moto Guzzi 500 where the display won “The Spirit of The Quail” award for Grand Prix Classics owner Mark Leonard. In 2016, the bike won the Chad McQueen Award at The Friends of Steve McQueen Car and Motorcycle Show. These awards clearly acknowledge this bike’s excellence in design, technology, restoration and appeal.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/4/20 4:58 p.m.
  • Car: 1975 Norton 850 Commando Mark III
  • Owner(s): Bill Laux 
  • Proposed Class(es)intage Motorcycles (pre-1980)
  • Details: 1975 was the last production year of the Norton. It is the only year that had electric start, (still had to help with a kick). This bike is fully restored to original conditional using NOS parts from Great Britain. It has 3000 recorded miles and was first titled in Texas where it was kept in a collection. 
  • Representing: The Old Town Festival of Speed & Style

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
QiDTnvWonIxXiEy8G2sFOTZw3h1zduzEXik0G5DNeT93iXjJykx23pGo6VSumT0e