The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
11/14/18 12:40 p.m.

This article is from a past issue of the magazine. Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published, and get access to our full digital archive, by subscribing to Classic Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story by Myles Kornblatt • Photo Courtesy Dodge

There is a supercar waiting for you at family sedan money. No, we …

Read the rest of the story

deaconblue
deaconblue New Reader
11/15/18 9:10 a.m.

Just for sh-ts and giggles I just ran a nationwide search on cargurus for '03-06 Vipers - there were 98 of them and they all were rated over or way over priced.  Seems like the current owners don't realize that they cars have depreciated as much as the article would seem to indicate.  I remember watching a couple of them at Gingerman several years ago - they could not seem to make a clean lap always breaking loose in old #10 turn when trying to hustle them too much.  They were always fun to watch at the local autocross events too.  We use to have a pool on how many cones they would collect on each run - don't remember the winner having zero too many times smiley

Desert 2009
Desert 2009 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/15/18 9:19 a.m.

Well- the article is from January 2015, vipers have strengthened in price significantly in the last 4 years. Like any good artist, values go up after death!

Tornado_Dave1
Tornado_Dave1 New Reader
11/15/18 1:20 p.m.

From the UK I suggest look up the Bristol Fighter.  'A Viper wearing a Saville Row suit.'  Sadly they only made about 11 before the company folded.  Shame as Bristol had been going since about 1950 and made brilliant but incredibly expensive cars.  

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/21/18 6:06 p.m.
Tornado_Dave1 said:

From the UK I suggest look up the Bristol Fighter.  'A Viper wearing a Saville Row suit.'  Sadly they only made about 11 before the company folded.  Shame as Bristol had been going since about 1950 and made brilliant but incredibly expensive cars.  

This thing?

It's like an FD RX7 and an Integra got into a fight and they both lost.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NmWCvwcP43LuLkv3ExkyUlVoIO0gs2kuHaXFwFkgTzO3F7wmf4cEKoM2zMotTZni