Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/21/17 12:13 p.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/17 12:16 p.m.

I have been told by someone who would know, that Edd and Mike don't particularly care for one another.

It's still too bad, though. They had a good dynamic and are probably better together than they would be on their own, much like Mike and The Mad Dog.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/21/17 12:30 p.m.

13 years is a pretty long time for a show like that. Good run, and thanks, Edd.

Easily, my favorite working on car show.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/17 12:42 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: 13 years is a pretty long time for a show like that. Good run, and thanks, Edd. Easily, my favorite working on car show.

^Absolutely. Well put.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
3/21/17 2:40 p.m.

You could tell in the last couple of series' that something was different. I didn't know if that was a "made for TV" thing since they relocated to the US, or something real going on. Still don't, nor do I care. Hopefully Edd will turn up on something else as I always enjoyed that show. Especially early on they did cars most other shows wouldn't touch.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
3/21/17 2:45 p.m.

Great run, but last season was a bit flat for me. Sometimes these shows just run their course. Just like Top Gear it has become unbearable. Sometimes it's best to put a show to rest.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/21/17 3:35 p.m.

I was always impressed at how he could go through an old car and fix everything it needed in less than an hour. I wish he was my neighbor.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/21/17 3:56 p.m.

Most of the time, Edd was at the mercy of whatever Mike rolled off the trailer (or, post production wizardry made it appear that way).

I wonder what Edd wouldve spent his time working on had he been in charge of trolling the classifieds

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/21/17 4:00 p.m.

If Edd had charged the rate my dealer does, Mike would have never made a dime.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/21/17 4:01 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

He did choose that 30's Cadillac.... and then there is the paint scheme he chose for the pacer...

Perhaps it was best Mike did the choosing.....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/21/17 4:14 p.m.
itsarebuild wrote: In reply to 4cylndrfury: He did choose that 30's Cadillac.... and then there is the paint scheme he chose for the pacer... Perhaps it was best Mike did the choosing.....

QFT lol

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
3/21/17 4:18 p.m.

Thanks Edd

pirate
pirate Reader
3/21/17 6:48 p.m.

Probably my favorite car show. However, the last couple seasons have seem a lot more scripted, polished and predictable playing for the camera.

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
3/21/17 10:04 p.m.

I stopped when they came to the US. They just seemed out of their element.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OoFcw02dQqxUHvvT7kwP3K0KwYKDhM5IB38n376znp7SPjD6JDrq9eNVPZYYKjQ4