John Webber
John Webber
5/29/19 10:24 a.m.

On a spring morning in 2017, Robin Peterson went out for breakfast and brought home an MG. This longtime Corvette enthusiast and restorer was returning from his favorite diner when, in front of an old-timey gas station-turned-repair shop, he spotted a tiny yellow car wearing a for-sale sign.

He wasn’t looking for another ride-so he says, though we wonder-so he …

Read the rest of the story

GLK
GLK New Reader
5/30/19 8:50 p.m.

Great old MG with a delightful story of caring and enthusiastic ownership. Hopefully future generations will continue to carry the torch.

Ratchet
Ratchet New Reader
5/30/19 11:32 p.m.

If Fletcher was restored, I don't think he would be happy. He's happy passing through life as a well loved and cared for old gentleman. Being restored would take away his uniqueness and he would look like ever other TD.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/31/19 7:54 a.m.

That car is prime for an LS swap. Just kidding. It's a time capsule. Leave it as is and enjoy. Repairs only please. 

It's so good to see a car being enjoyed and not stored under hermetic seal. 

Donatello
Donatello New Reader
5/31/19 8:50 a.m.
Xceler8x said:

That car is prime for an LS swap. Just kidding. It's a time capsule. Leave it as is and enjoy. Repairs only please. 

It's so good to see a car being enjoyed and not stored under hermetic seal. 

Yes I agree. Enjoying a car is what this hobby is all about, and it's how it all started. Somehow we got all OCD about old cars and anything less than perfect is now considered by many to be somehow wrong. I say BS. Roll back the clock and enjoy!

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
5/31/19 4:35 p.m.

Great car and story, it would be shame to let it rust away “maintaining its patina”

If the car was only 15, 20 years old, wouldn’t the conscientious owner be doing what they could to ensure the car would make to it’s 30th or 40th anniversary?

Rather than let it rot away maintaining its originality, then in another 20 years someone will find it in a barn or field and have to rebuild a rusted shell vs. a reasonably maintained car !

Don

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p1MQmhHlwr1qg5cSiYnlPdxj7P00FLPam51P1wFTZREd0c3XJ0OC4NdMRinq5vhQ