David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/18 3:20 p.m.
feature_image

A clean car is a happy car, but getting it to that state isn’t always pleasant-especially if you’re juggling a bunch of soaps, sprays, sponges, brushes and wipes. The folks at Robertson Racing claim to have a quicker, more streamlined approach to car washing with their Foam Power system.

Simply fill the provided tank with water, add 7 ounces …

Read the rest of the story

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/23/18 11:28 p.m.

Would totally buy but as an apartment dweller the hosing down part gets me as always.smiley

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
5/25/18 12:34 p.m.

A garden sprayer and some soap for $50, sounds totally reasonable.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/29/18 3:59 p.m.
Toebra said:

It's not regular soap.   Snark all you want, but the stuff works. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/30/18 1:59 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:
Toebra said:

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Joe Gearin
5/31/18 9:37 a.m.
alfadriver said:
Joe Gearin said:
Toebra said:

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Right here:

Robertson Racing -- Foam Power

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/4/18 6:09 a.m.

I tried it too and am now using it everytime clean teh ramp truck or have an engine compartment or new project car to clean up before working on it.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/4/18 11:56 a.m.
alfadriver said:

Interesting. 

I replied to this post with a price quote on the soap, $12.95 a quart, or something, not looking it up again, and this morning my post is gone. 

Guess I should just stay out of the sales pitch threads.

Joe Gearin
6/5/18 1:50 p.m.
Toebra said:
alfadriver said:

Interesting. 

I replied to this post with a price quote on the soap, $12.95 a quart, or something, not looking it up again, and this morning my post is gone. 

Guess I should just stay out of the sales pitch threads.

Weird....... if you are curious about the pricing for just the soap, check out my above thread with link.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/14/18 3:35 p.m.

Not that weird.

Henceforth I will just stay out of threads with the sole purpose of selling something.

Joe Gearin
6/15/18 9:46 a.m.
Toebra said:

Not that weird.

Henceforth I will just stay out of threads with the sole purpose of selling something.

This thread was started to inform you about a product we've used and had good luck with.  If you buy it or not.....that's up to you.  You  may prefer to wash your car as you always have, and that's fine.  A big part of what we do is to inform our audience about new products, and that's what we've done here.   

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/24/18 10:50 p.m.

Funny I was standing a regular line at WM the other day because it's 'smarter' or something to close the self-checkout section here in the city late at night the 'burbs I've noticed the opposite but anyway I'm glad I had to because there was a display of garden sprayers on that side at what if I remember were not too onerous a price. I'll have to buy two I guess.  I'm being really stingy right now but using expensive waterless wash and a bunch of microfibers is a bit of a pain so I'll most likely give it serious thought. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/24/18 11:00 p.m.

oh wow some of those prices are 'eye-watering' and I'm not really sure what product I need to buy from what seems to be three options.  I'll still give it a shot at some point. Cleaning the engine compartments would be nice after that it'd just be the exteriors on a regular basis. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/16/18 10:50 p.m.

Well I placed an order for the starter kit.  Came in at app. $91 with shipping 3-5 business days.  I'll update what I think of it.  Now to find something or somewhere to hose off the foam. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/19/18 8:58 p.m.

Delayed.  Won't ship until the 25th so update sometime next month. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/26/18 10:22 p.m.

Picked it up a little while ago and with no access to a hose I've held off opening the box.  Getting impatient with myself so I went ahead and ordered this.

Oh the joys of not having your own house. smiley

Good reviews.  Not too expensive.  Can be used for camping also.  Win win.  Hopefully no more wipe on wipe off waterless car washing for me as much as I initially appreciated it as an apt dweller. smiley

Joe Gearin
8/29/18 9:34 a.m.

Thanks for posting---- that's a pretty cool product for those without access to a hose.  I'll have to check them out! 

pirate
pirate Reader
9/21/18 7:03 p.m.

Well I just spent a little over 3 hours washing our motorhome which has full body paint rather then gelcoat, aluminum, vinyl or what have you. The thought of simplifying this job is enticing. Has anyone had any experience using this system on a RV? I’m a bit skeptical of the foam removing road grime completely without actually rubbing the surface with a mitt or rag.  Would like some comments about how well it works before pulling trigger on a system. Thanks

Joe Gearin
9/24/18 10:58 a.m.

In reply to pirate :

For heavier dirt, you'll need to use a brush to get it all off.    The Owner of Robertson Racing (who sells the Foam system) was at  the Mitty, and demonstrating the product on his RV.   Using the foam, and a long brush should do the trick---especially for the packed-on grime.   

pirate
pirate Reader
9/24/18 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin :

Thanks! Is there anything special about their pump sprayer rather then the garden type or is most of the cleaning power in the soap? Not opposed to buying their sprayer but was wondering.

Joe Gearin
9/25/18 10:39 a.m.

In reply to pirate :

I'm pretty sure it's just a standard hand pump sprayer.   I'd imagine a garden unit would work just fine.  

hotsauce
hotsauce New Reader
9/26/18 6:54 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

For €5 my local garage foams, washes and hoses my car down leaving it to look like new.

I think that's €5 well spent.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/8/18 7:23 a.m.

The pump sprayer is not standard. You run compressed air to the one I have.

We quckly and easily cleaned the ramp truck again last week with this gizmo.

I don't even think they are doing business with us. We just were so surprised it worked we had to tell you guys. I looked it up, and that is the kind of stuff we are supposed to be doing at a good magazine. Of course if every time we take the time and money to test something, if nobody believes us, it will eventualy get frustrating.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LGYa13mSDGgz2WNHv4KHyhjeHYIwOPHzqtF6Txci0JFrORR34kyBwewaHIbxOy7i