Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/3/18 3:02 p.m.

This story ran in an old issue of Classic Motorsports. Want to make sure you're reading all the latest stories? Subscribe now.

Story and Photos by Tim Suddard • Illustrations by Sarah Young

Back in the day, it was relatively easy to sell a car: You placed an ad and waited for the phone to ring. Today the process …

Read the rest of the story

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
8/7/18 7:01 p.m.

I've been following this series of articles intently since it started earlier this year. Question: "Considering that we had less than $10,000...", so you got the Tiger AND the MG for less than 10 grand? Takeaways: 1) If you offer to buy multiple vehicles, you have greater bargaining leverage.  2) Affluent residential/resort areas (e.g.Traverse City, Mich.  area, Highlands, N.C area). may be prime areas to find undervalued classics  for sale.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/25/19 9:21 p.m.

I think buying anything in bulk can work to your advantage. (Note that I said "can.") Earlier today I saw someone selling a lot of wheels cheap--something like nine wheels for $50. These weren't prime mags, but to me the ad said, Get this stuff out of my life. 

No, I didn't call on the ad. 

Bardan
Bardan New Reader
10/3/22 12:31 p.m.

On the pictures, I've seen too many where the seller is so lazy they don't pull the car out into the sunlight. They open the garage door, they stand in the sun and take a picture of a car in a dark garage. Also they take 5 pictures of the same thing, maybe the left door and none of the right side. 
Also the open title stuff, some states will not recognize the notary if the notary stamp has expired. Now you have to find the real owner and get it re notarized and hope that in the interim time, he hasn't applied for a replacement title that supersedes what is in your hand. He could say "where's my car, I'm calling the police"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GhoWn2eO8XIlLWZf6i2AYKdIW6YpHcMdmcFoDMw8YrPHW7gQWwyqTYhVSbEqZ0Fz