1 2
gordon lawson
gordon lawson None
5/6/08 7:42 p.m.

Positive ground and oil on the floor!

Luke
Luke
5/7/08 4:42 a.m.

I've got a 1991 Fiat 126 (actually a Polish built FSM Niki), with no synchro on 1st. It has basically the same running-gear as a Fiat 500, but I don't consider it a classic...more of a 'crappy modern car' with character.

Rev.Bubba
Rev.Bubba None
5/7/08 8:58 a.m.

Well, if something ever goes wrong with your 126, pack up the transmission and that head and send it my way. :grin:

Rev.Bubba
Rev.Bubba None
5/7/08 9:02 a.m.

I tend to not double-clutch as much as I should. I have decided that it would not be that bad if the transmission went out. I would at least have an excuse for that fully synchronized 4 or 5 speed slalom gear box.

rconlon
rconlon None
5/7/08 4:53 p.m.

The MGB really doesn't need first until stopped like my Spider. Just the gear whine is enough to stop me trying it.

Cheers Ron

Snakedriver
Snakedriver None
5/8/08 9:18 p.m.

Gordon Lawson said "Positive ground and oil on the floor!"

Dude, Iam so there!

Leo

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 None
5/10/08 8:28 p.m.

Aren't most "classic cars" the dream of a visionary like Kimber, Healey, Earl, or Chapman?

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
5/10/08 10:43 p.m.

Issigonis, Porsche, Ferrari, Bugatti.... hell... Ford for that matter.

I am thrilled at the response to this thread. Keep 'em coming!

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater New Reader
5/20/08 9:31 a.m.

Points & condenser? Manual brakes? No computer? Inner tubes? Optional heater? Hand crank capable? Somebody once said that the "Derby Bentleys" were the best purely mechanical cars ever (no hydraulic brakes). Alex

MacDubois
MacDubois
5/25/08 5:19 p.m.

I've got a couple...

Girling brake calipers, Lucas electrics and that wonderful redish, grayish, bluish, greenish wiring that seems to be in all British cars.

If you are the only person who can start or keep the car running.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/27/08 9:25 p.m.

What about round headlights? Whitworth hardware? Bakelite? Friction dampers? How about if it's styling has been captured by a 'retro' new model?

MacDubois wrote: If you are the only person who can start or keep the car running. Cool, my '91 GMC Sonoma is a classic! :grin:

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/27/08 9:42 p.m.

MacDubois wrote: Lucas electrics and that wonderful redish, grayish, bluish, greenish wiring that seems to be in all British cars.

And they all need some of this once in a while.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7yUQXhe5OPeb5LkLnKQZzCalP4I9hY0wMO4r2F3PTEH7m5hZpuCSbU9KXs12jgvA