stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
3/13/18 6:45 p.m.

Here's a view of my Tiger today.  18 to 24 inches of the white stuff is now covering eastern Massachusetts, and it will slowly taper off overnight.  The snow blower saw a lot of action today. 

Just a couple weeks ago I was walking on the beach in Sarasota.  That, plus the Amelia Island pictures and Mike's videos had me thinking about spring, and now this.  Yuk!

Stu

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/13/18 8:58 p.m.

Hey Stu, GREAT PICTURE! (My '96 Miata occupies a very similar spot in my garage. And my project '68 Spitfire is on the other side). Annie's daily driver Sonata is out in the elements, as is (regrettably) my daily driver '98 Contour SVT. I need to get some shelter for that gem.

I just posted the following on the "Off Topic" Forum, very appropriate with regard to your excellent picture above:

"I just want to rant about the horrible SoNE weather we're still experiencing. (Maybe I should be on the 'rant' thread). Annie and I spent a couple weeks of beautiful weather in Palm Springs, CA in late February. We returned to a maelstrom of ugly winter weather back home. The latest is this 'Nor'easter' storm that left about a foot of snow with us last night and today. But fortunately we didn't lose power this time. I guess after the last storm all the dead branches and weak utility poles came down and now we're good. But I was out snow-blowing my driveway this afternoon in snow and wind gusts. It's March and I want some Spring weather. Whine, whine, whine. I know. I live here and I should accept the weather. But I reserve the right to complain. I love it here from May through October, and wouldn't change that for anything. We'll endure, and the Miata will be on the road soon."

And with that I will add ... I'm looking forward to a very hot-weather weekend for the Thompson Vintage Festival in June!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/14/18 10:06 a.m.

My Mom grew up in Hull MA, and my Dad spent summers there.  Over the weekend I was visiting them, and we watched YouTube videos taken from the South Shore.  Holy flerking schnit!  those poor folks have been getting pounded.    I can't imagine much worse than 60mph winds at 10 degrees, and horrid flooding, and battering by an angry and cold ocean.  The footage was amazing.  I hope those folks are getting help----it's a mess! 

OFracing
OFracing Reader
3/14/18 7:17 p.m.

Thinking spring too. We only received 3" from the last NorEaster but were hammered by the prior two. Spent the day in the garage replacing/ upgrading the front wheel studs on the Spit race car.

Feeling the need for speed......

mike h

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/18 7:03 a.m.

Yesterday’s fun. Got a new snowblower yesterday. My fleet of blowers all have seen better days. Non were working so I said screw it. I am now wondering how I survived all these years with out hand warmers. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/15/18 9:00 a.m.

Mid-March and it's gonna be in the 30s for at least another week.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
3/16/18 6:41 a.m.

Just started working 11p to 7a with a 40min commute which became a 70min commute.

I had to drive HOME in blizzard conditions, shovel the driveway instead of sleeping, try to sleep a few hours and then drive BACK to work in blizzard-like conditions.

Get home the next morning to find a 20’ limb that broke from a tree in my yard and almost destroyed the neighbors swing set.

Had to use my truck to pull it back into my yard.

Looking forward to Spring I tell ya! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C38KeGLbEPS0NZ1iTZWyqtOjbsc0Go3gX0yZ6YZPpPdTupAJ6jREIenrlgJd8J6B