1 2 3
frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
10/9/17 9:59 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :I can carry up to 77 kids on my bus.  That's 77 fewer cars clogging the road and since we run two and sometimes three schools one bus can easily take up to 150 cars off the road.  

High schools now days have a thousand or more students.  Imagine the traffic jam a thousand or more parents would make.  

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
10/17/17 4:58 p.m.

Update.  With the abundance of tickets issued for stop arm violations and the efforts of a few activist parents. The local police department are now focusing on traffic around school buses rather than some poor schmuck speeding. 

Police have stopped 4 cars already this week for violating the stop arm rules around my bus alone!! 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/17/17 5:39 p.m.

I just saw some video on the news a few nights ago of someone passing a stopped bus somewhere here in the metro area, and just missing a little girl crossing the street.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/17 5:48 p.m.

This just boggles my mind. The only rule that isn't up for debate while driving is "don't pass a school bus". 

Like more than alcohol(bars exist for a reason), speeding, racing, passing in no passing zones. You don't mess with school buses. Don't steal them, don't pass them, don't even get near them on the highway, and especially don't go around them while they're dropping off or picking up kids. Even the career dui getters seem to understand that rule. 

Those ticket cameras should cross post to Facebook/Twitter/instagram. The facial recognition tech is more then good enough to show who these people are, and as much as I dislike the "public shaming" crap, this is one of those places it could make a difference. 

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
10/18/17 6:40 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn : I've been driving a school bus for 5 years and now is the first time I'm starting to have a reason to hope I can keep doing it without seeing a tragedy.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pLGTGT6h8L9itrGpvmTFC8tNen20e8yd4pvQJYcVeiwBtomMj6xOXh0TfBCR7RE7