SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/26/16 9:27 p.m.

So a friend of mine (more like my dads friend, but I consider him a friend none the less) has a little shop on the back of his garage and offered to let me use his sand blaster to blast the crap paint off my engine shrouds from my Corvair.

He had a Yenko Stinger for the longest time and a couple years ago he decided to thin the herd and sell it (still has a Volvo P1800ES and a Mk III Supra). Well over the years he has accumulated many Corvair parts.

While my dad was taking a turn at the sandblaster (and sweating inside the gloves ) I got talking to my friend about my Corvair, catching him up on all the stuff I've done and what I want to do. So he started shuffling around through drawers and pulled out a brand new set of Bosch Platinum spark plugs, says I can just have them.

So then we go on talking about other stuff and he elaborates that he has a brand new set of Clarks equal length headers with glasspacks that he'd be willing to sell me cheap. My dad actually got more excited than I did!

When we got done for the night, he told my dad and I that if we ever need Corvair parts, to call him first, because he has a lot of parts to get rid of.

Nice to have friends like that.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/16 9:49 p.m.

It's always who you know.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
12/26/16 9:52 p.m.

I got a diaper guy. Its not a corvair parts guy, but I got a diaper guy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zSPOWmo1rJ8EqbMkTiMkQmChz05RCKRQ9C4U80CVaoKc9JAMRKppJShoVp3Zm3yP