Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie None
2/22/08 6:20 p.m.

Are most of the historical facts in the book accurate, apart from the obvious characters Mr. Levy created? It was a fascinating history of road racing in the late fifties and early sixtys. It really gives you an idea of where all these old cars came from.

ddavidv
ddavidv None
2/23/08 6:21 a.m.

I haven't read the last two, but the first two were pretty much based on facts. A lot of the characters were based on real folks of the time as well, just the names changed so poetic license could be taken. The early description of the not-quite-SCCA in LOR was pretty much spot-on as I understand it.

Bryan
Bryan
3/4/08 10:52 a.m.

I'm finishing "The Carrera Panamericana 'Mexico'" published by Brooklands Books. I'm going to start reading Montezuma's Ferrari, already have read LOR, and I just ordered a couple of books on the Type 550 Spyder and 300SL racers. Thats the trouble when you read a good book on a interesting subject, you start having to get more good books on that interesting subject. And start drooling over pictures of the cars that raced in the Panam. The big stockers that ran are neat but the sportcars, yummy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XX7aMmJP8l6mUYo7QNo5j7gp9tWyQ3ohFskY1IEUfTyjTkusYoU8ACtBsUSEf7AZ