wspohn
wspohn Reader
5/30/11 9:30 a.m.

A friend just sent me a video posted on Jay Leno's site that some might enjoy.

He has probably the highest mileage Lambo around with around 250,000 on it!

LENO LAMBO

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
5/31/11 10:50 a.m.

I hate video postings... always blocked at work...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
5/31/11 2:05 p.m.

Jay is the only guy I know that can afford the maintenence on a 250,000 mile Lambo !!

VClassics
VClassics Reader
5/31/11 2:50 p.m.

It's not Jay's car. The owner apparently does his own maintenance, and has made some maintainability improvements over the years.

I was fortunate enough to drive a Lambo Islero many years ago (not my car), which is mechanically just about identical to the 400 GT. It was just lovely in every way. I couldn't imagine owning one and not driving it regularly -- that's the thing's only reason for being.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
5/31/11 11:04 p.m.

Needs more advertising at the beginning, Grrr.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
6/1/11 7:14 a.m.

Yeah... noticed that too... but I watched it last night during commercial breaks on Top Gear... so I just muted the sound during the intro.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/11 8:05 p.m.

When I was in high school, one of my neighbors had one of those parked out in his driveway. It was there, parked outside for several years. At first, I didn't even know what it was. Finally, I walked up the driveway one day and was surprised to find that it was a Lamborghini. I'd stare at it every time I went by, but I just couldn't fall in love with it.

It's been gone for several years now. Not sure if he moved it inside, sold it or if he even still lives there. I still look, though.

wspohn
wspohn Reader
6/8/11 8:55 p.m.
VClassics wrote: I was fortunate enough to drive a Lambo Islero many years ago (not my car), which is mechanically just about identical to the 400 GT. It was just lovely in every way. I couldn't imagine owning one and not driving it regularly -- that's the thing's only reason for being.

The 400GTS is the one I own - the 'S' just indicates more modern interior and another bunch of BHP over the earlier 400s (in my case 350 BHP @ 7900 rpm) that the last 100 cars had. I agree, great cars to drive, and I must get mine out this summer and enjoy it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8lCcBLUWKWSRlcoediY9r4B8fxgyJXmx4C6bh2C69remSwW8a8fbWAovs2vVIhVT