aeronca65t
aeronca65t New Reader
6/29/08 4:51 p.m.

I just attended "MG-2008".

I was only at this event (in Valley Forge, PA) on Friday, so I did not get involved in the weekend car show or meet as many folks as I would have liked, but still a great time.

The Miata ran great getting there (130+ miles each way) but bringing my MGB would have been better if it had been all finished (crossing my fingers that it'll be running next week).

Met some familar folks (including some fellow vintage racers) and even saw some cars that I'd seen at the Moss Britfest not long ago.

John Twist was great...very down-to-earth fellow with endless knowledge of MGs.

This is just a dozen of so pictures on this link (below).....

~Click Here For Pictures~

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/30/08 12:58 p.m.

The plastic below the B was probably a good idea

I've been to two of the MG conventions (both in St. Louis) and they were both a lot of fun. MG folks are just overwhelmingly cool, friendly people.

And the Old Speckled Hens crack me up.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t New Reader
6/30/08 9:35 p.m.

During MG-2008 some of the MG folks went over en masse to the Simeone Auto Museum (I missed this).

During the museum visit, they brought out the 1934 MG Magnette K3 that got 4th place at LeMans

~Click Here To See It~

MyOldMGB
MyOldMGB New Reader
7/10/08 3:13 p.m.

That post made me go "duh . . I have some pics too" and here they are from the KC MG event I went to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Bradley.W.Miller/2008MGCarShow

aeronca65t
aeronca65t New Reader
7/10/08 7:36 p.m.

Nice!

I really like that red AC Coupe'

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/11/08 4:31 p.m.

My '72 B was that same aqua color. I constantly got questions about whether it was the original color.

Nice pics!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q8EVtVq64nLlHwL3PIipScXWI7XDbEcu7wK5poa9rVLEBmzV9ChXUNe6ARfbdkT9