Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/7/18 4:08 p.m.

Photography Courtesy Amelia Island Concours

The Pegaso Z102 Concept

The study of automotive design through the years is fascinating because a visionary’s aesthetic concept or intent may not be understood or even appreciated when the design is first seen, but time has a way of vindicating great art and burying the merely pretentious.

Perhaps the most mysterious and wonderfully misunderstood …

Read the rest of the story

wannacruise
wannacruise New Reader
8/10/18 4:18 p.m.

Pegaso is a difficult Marque to follow considering that most if not all of the bodies where built by different Carrosseries.  From what I gather their underpinnings were all of the 'pressed steel platform' design which I believe was Ricart's work.  I believe I see a lot of Alfa design concepts in the drive line and suspension which is probably not surprising due to Ricart's time spent with Alfa in his early years.   I have to say that in my opinion all of the body designs are gorgeous but, not having a chance to see many Pegasos,  I wander if there has been much conceptual freedom in the rebodying efforts of the contemporary restorers.       

ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
3/27/20 9:45 a.m.

This Barn Find Hunter episode just happened to pop up on my YouTube Feed today and it features one of these Pegaso Z102s.  https://youtu.be/KW-HlCaKoz4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0myJ0mQtBTtTwumZcbXkUuAvgffnh2Uhi9RvdJzfjTwKvWh7vBY9GAE1gNVvw9Dw